• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Airport Security and Cubes

phreaker

I travel full carry on usually. I would say: If you are concerned, take your cubes, put them in a pouch, and put them through security on their own. I've done that with things I know trigger security.

B-Cuber

Hey Guys,

This summer, I am going to London for a few weeks and wanted to bring some cubes. I was worried about being stopped at customs or having the cubes confiscated. Do have any tips to make this go smoothly?

TheVideoGamer

Hey Guys,

This summer, I am going to London for a few weeks and wanted to bring some cubes. I was worried about being stopped at customs or having the cubes confiscated. Do have any tips to make this go smoothly?

Hey B-Cuber, I'm from London and recently when I was going to France (so this story was within London) I was stopped due to my cubes showing up as 'suspicious items' on the scanner and then the staff began to search my bag and saw that it was filled with cubes, then they just tested my items to see if there was anything on them that wasn't allowed (just to be sure that it was nothing) and then we got to go... don't worry about getting your cubes confiscated because that won't happen, if you do get stopped its because of the metal cores of your cubes that look suspicious just stay calm and relaxed its the best thing you can do because nothing will happen to you as long as there is no actual reason when they check..

phreaker

Hey Guys,

As someone who flew through LHR with quite a few cubes. It isn't a big issue, I think one time I may have had to open up my "cube pouch".

Make sure your lubes are in your liquids bag and in proper size containers.

If you are in any doubt about them having issues with the cubes, carry them in a bag, within your bag, and put them in their own plastic bin. I recommend the same for anything for any type of object you think might set them off, as long as you don't get excessive.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Many times during security check, I get strange and suspicious looks from the guards when they see tons of 3x3s in my hand luggage. Once I had carried a 7x7, and had to argue with the official that there was nothing metallic inside other than the core. I was afraid that I would have to disassemble it in front of them, which would have been a painstaking task.

MHCubes

Every time I have flown with cubes I have gotten weird looks and they open my bag. Now, I usually open my bag and put my cubes into a separate bin.