• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F'

I feel like this alg (J cancelled into T) is a better EP alg for megaminx than L R U2 L' U R' L U' R U2 L' U2 R'

Or maybe its just that my lefty moves suck

This thread (formerly Show your cube solutions, now moved here) is to show your cube solutions. You may show solutions for multiple cubes, either in one post or in separate posts. Make sure to show all algorithms you use, and orientations. It is most recommended to use a picture like I do.

I'll start with my 2x2 solution, which is Ortega I recently switched to:

l0BNcbf.png

Sorry, I made a mistake; the x cube rotations should be x'.

Last edited:
"show your cube solutions" means showing the method you use to public, including the algorithms. Also, the algorithms you use don't need to be "best" for Duncan Bannon, unlike what he wants me to think.

Duncan Bannon

You say “this thread is to show your cube solutions”. But yet you show algorithms. What is the purpose you are trying to achieve? By solutions, I think R,U,R’, Y, sort of thing.

1. My 2x2 method simply doesn't work without knowing the algorithms. So I need to share them too.
2. Stop flooding this topic with off-topic posts! If you don't want to share your cube solutions, delete your posts, and go away. This is simply a place for people to see what method people use in detail.

Duncan Bannon

Okay, I didn’t mean to be rude or mean in any way. I do understand the fact that different people like different algorithms. I do believe that most people will agree that there are algorithms that are better for MOST people. A lot of people dont like to do D moves. If they work for you, Great. I use LBL and average about 6 seconds. I am switching to CLL. By Solutions, I think of reconstruction. Thanks.

For LBL,
Build layer
Do OLL
Do a T or Y perm.

For OLL
Pi- F, Sexy move 2X, F’ The bar is on the left. One peice will face you
Sune- R, U, R’, U, R, U2, R’. The Top Piece in the bottom left
Antisune- R, U2, R’, U’, R, U’, R’. The top peice in the top right
L- F, R, U’, R’, U’, R, U, R’, F’. The peice not on the top layer will be facing you on the left.
Headlights- R2 , U2, R, U2, R2. Headlight facing you and the back
U- F, R, U, R’, U’, F’, The top bar is on the bottom right and top right
T- Sexy, Sledge. The top bar is on the bottom right and top right

PLL
Y or T perm

T- The Top one on Cyotheking.com

Y- The top one on Cyotheking.com

PM will any questions. Check out Cyotheking. I use his 2x2 algs.

Last edited:

xyzzy

I use ZZ for one-handed and feet solves (sometimes), and here are the steps and algorithms!

1. EOline. Algs: F, F', B, B'.

2. F2L. Algs: L, L', U, U', R, R'.

3. Last layer. Algs: http://algdb.net/Users/User/14172

(Obviously this is a joke post but, really, what do you expect? Almost nobody uses their own method as a main method, so you'd be looking at a description of some already popular method with better descriptions elsewhere. You might as well make a "what method do you use" poll and that'd be even more informative.)

Last edited:
Okay, I didn’t mean to be rude or mean in any way. I do understand the fact that different people like different algorithms. I do believe that most people will agree that there are algorithms that are better for MOST people. A lot of people dont like to do D moves. If they work for you, Great. I use LBL and average about 6 seconds. I am switching to CLL. By Solutions, I think of reconstruction. Thanks.

For LBL,
Build layer
Do OLL
Do a T or Y perm.

For OLL
Pi- F, Sexy move 2X, F’
Sune- R, U, R’, U, R, U2, R’
Antisune- R, U2, R’, U’, R, U’, R’
L- F, R, U’, R’, U’, R, U, R’, F’
Headlights- R2 , U2, R, U2, R2
U- F, R, U, R’, U’, F’,
T- Sexy, Sledge

PLL
Y or T perm.
You are supposed to also tell what cube's solution it is, and what orientations are the algs for. I did both. Also, you didn't show what Y or T perms you use.

Before switching to Ortega, I used FOP (First layer, OLL, PLL).

For left corner swap, I used the same alg as now. (J-perm)
For diagonal corner swap (backleft and frontright) I used x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D' F', which is E-perm.

Last edited:
3x3 - 2-look OLL, 2-look PLL

My horizontal method: F R U R' U' F'
My adjacent edges (back and left) method: F U R U' R' F'
My all edge orientation method: F R U R' U' S R U R' U' f'

My Sune method (correct corner on front left): R U R' U R U2 R'
My Anti-Sune method (correct corner on back right): R U2 R' U' R U R'
My headlights method (rotate front corners): R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'
My T method (rotate front corners, half E-perm): x' R U R' D R U' R' D'
My H method (corners face sideways, Sune variant): R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'
My diagonal orientation method (back-left corner faces back, front-right corner faces right, half E-perm): x' R U' R' D R U R' D'
My Pi method (headlight corners on left): R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R

My corner swap method (swap left-corners, a J-perm): F2 R U R' F2 L D' L D L2
My diagonal corner swap method (swap back-left and front-right, an E-perm): x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D' F'

My left U-perm method (correct edge on front): M2 U M' U2 M U M2
My right U-perm method (correct edge on front): M2 U' M' U2 M U' M2
My H-perm method: M2 U' M2 U2 M2 U' M2
My Z-perm method (swap back and left, and front and right): M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2

Note: 2-look PLL is outdated. I know PLL (standard PLL) now.

applezfall

WCA
2016NAGR01
My horizontal method: F R U R' U' F'
My adjacent edges (back and left) method: F U R U' R' F'
My all edge orientation method: F R U R' U' S R U R' U' f'

My Sune method (correct corner on front left): R U R' U R U2 R'
My Anti-Sune method (correct corner on back right): R U2 R' U' R U R'
My headlights method (rotate front corners): R2 D R' U2 R D' R' U2 R'
My T method (rotate front corners, half E-perm): x' R U R' D R U' R' D'
My H method (corners face sideways, Sune variant): R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R'
My diagonal orientation method (back-left corner faces back, front-right corner faces right, half E-perm): x' R U' R' D R U R' D'
My Pi method (headlight corners on left): R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R

My corner swap method (swap left-corners, a J-perm): F2 R U R' F2 L D' L D L2
My diagonal corner swap method (swap back-left and front-right, an E-perm): x' R U' R' D R U R' D' R U R' D R U' R' D' F'

My left U-perm method (correct edge on front): M2 U M' U2 M U M2
My right U-perm method (correct edge on front): M2 U' M' U2 M U' M2
My H-perm method: M2 U' M2 U2 M2 U' M2
My Z-perm method (swap back and left, and front and right): M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2

Note: 2-look PLL is outdated. I know PLL (standard PLL) now.
Lol you are talking like this is your new method with new never seen before algs lol.

For the 2 OLLs that use D moves, that was when I found out that half E-perm (which in turn I learned from legoboyz3!'s favorite PLLs video so that I could know a second corner swap alg) makes for an OLL algorithm, so I found which OLL cases they solve, and learned it.

For the J-perm, this happened to be the alg I know. What happened is that in the past, just for fun I wanted to switch from edge-first last layer (beginner's method) to orientation-first method. So I needed a corner swap permutation, and I ended up picking this J-perm algorithm.

For the diagonal swap, according to the wiki, on 2x2 "Note that D moves are the same as U + y, just a different notation, what you do for real is something in between. The effect of it is that you transform F moves to R or L (D R makes the same turns as U F + y').". However, you don't need to use algs with D moves if you don't like them. I do it my way (R U' R' U' F2 U' R U R' D R2), you do it your way (Y-perm).

All PLLs I use:
P4kX0wX.png

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzzy

Finally decided to learn the last dot OLL case I hadn't learnt a semi-decent alg for yet, and I figured I might as well look at CLLEF. (The third and fourth algs are on algdb, but the rest aren't.)

r u' r2 u r' U2 r u' r2 u r'
M' U M R U2' R' sledge r U2' r'
R U R' U sledge U2 sledge
sledge U2 F' U L' U L F
R' F' U2' F2 U R U' R' F' U2' R
R B U2' B2 U' R' U R B U2' R'

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
CCW U-perm from the back

R U' R U R U R' U' R' U' R' U2 R' (13HTM, 14HTM, 13STM)

Pretty nice for OH, but not much else. It's not really fingertricky for 2H

and funny CCW U-perm from the front that I came up with when I was doing a bandage challenge. It uses only <U,Rw> moves leaving a Roux-FB-sized block untouched

[Rw U Rw' U2 Rw U' Rw' U Rw U Rw': U] // Mess up the top layer
U2 [Rw U' Rw', Rw' U Rw] // Solve edges
U (Rw U Rw' U' Rw' U' Rw U Rw U' Rw' U' Rw' U Rw)2 // Solve corners

Can someone help me figure out how to conjugatify or commutatorify the last alg-thing?

I use ZZ for one-handed and feet solves (sometimes), and here are the steps and algorithms!

1. EOline. Algs: F, F', B, B'.

2. F2L. Algs: L, L', U, U', R, R'.

3. Last layer. Algs: http://algdb.net/Users/User/14172

(Obviously this is a joke post but, really, what do you expect? Almost nobody uses their own method as a main method, so you'd be looking at a description of some already popular method with better descriptions elsewhere. You might as well make a "what method do you use" poll and that'd be even more informative.)
If your post would be taken seriously, then it's not detailed enough because you didn't show the cases for the algorithms.

"Almost nobody uses their own method as a main method"
What do you mean by "their own method"?