• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

6x6+ Blindfolded Rankings Thread

WCA
2015ALEK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Some months ago I was doing lots of 7bld attempts. And I forgot about it then. Today I opened YouTube, saw that @sigalig uploaded his success, I immediately took my 7x7, turned on the camera... and got a success :p.
7BLD in 35:02.73[19:34.31], first success
Gregory Alekseev, Russia
Went quite safe. Reviewed every type of pieces 5 times in total, which is a lot.
I will try again one day, sub-30 should be easy for me.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
Thanks, and: having a good organized DB is always good ;)
But at the moment I wouldn't change a thing:
Megaminx is listed nice and the other 12facer-results belong just to 3 persons, so they don't need separated lists.
If more cubers would join in, extra-rankings could get necessary.

And Kilominx blind it not difficult enough to list here. Hmmm, ok, if you would allow in an extra 12face-rankings the Kilominx, too, maybe more cubers would try it ... (till now I just know about Enoch and me).

Yikang Xie

You did this months ago and forgot to tell us about? :eek:
Anyway: Nice job!
And obviousely done with a QJ?
What algs for the corners?
yeah, which I used is QJ.
That's not convenient to upload a sooo huge video to youtube in china, you can see now cause I'm in US now:rolleyes:,
Alg of Coner I used is an easy(ok, not that easy, but easier than I used in solving this cube
detail
) commutator.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
I havent take them before aboard.....is there any website can make a simulation.
I have one at home but I don't know the name (at the moment I'm on holiday :cool:).

EDIT:
Don't know, whether there is a website-simulator, but for windows it's called UltimateMagicCube and already known here
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/ultimate-magic-cube-simulator.30085/
In the version that I have I can create a Pyraminx Chrystal with
Edit Puzzle ->
Select DodecaHedron
and a Face added with 100 as Slice Thickness.
(For a Starminx just 140 as Slice Thickness)

Last edited:

sigalig

WCA
2016SIGG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I guess I'm the second person to ever get a 2x2-7x7 BLD relay success :D
Time: 1:31:22.83[1:00:30.87]
Apparently quite a bit faster than Roman's attempt, though I don't think he was really worried about the time...
anyway, I can think of 5 people off the top of my head that could destroy this time (including Roman if he wanted to), but I've found that this is really more so a feat of perseverance and extreme concentration rather than speedsolving.
Mainly I'm just really happy to say I got this UWR, even if it ends up being short lived :)

Graham Siggins, USA. Video below.

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
rather not worthy after sigalig's 2-7bld-post, but:
Pyraminx Crystal bld 31:11.31 [12:40]
Hanns Hub, Germany
And: :eek: maybe we can not call that a UWR because of a missing tile. The purple tile of the purple-brightblue edge got lost on holidays :oops:, but I didn't feel it and didn't try to feel it while solving - that means, I didn't take any advantage.