• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

4x4 Barrel

JohnnyReggae

WCA
2015BOSW01
Great mod :)

I did a 4x4 barrel a little while back. I found the best way to manually sand it to get it smooth is to put your sandpaper on top of a thick towel. The extra give in the towel allows you to get a smoother feel.

20160723_151524.jpg 20160828_223054.jpg

Hyperbolics

WCA
2016ELLI04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great mod :)

I did a 4x4 barrel a little while back. I found the best way to manually sand it to get it smooth is to put your sandpaper on top of a thick towel. The extra give in the towel allows you to get a smoother feel.

View attachment 7479 View attachment 7480
Ooh, thanks for the tip.
In this mod, though, I think the reason that it's so rough is because i cut too far in to start with. I've made a 5x5 and 7x7 barrel as well, and I had to cut pretty far in to make it a good barrel shape. I assumed it would be the same with the 4x4, but it seems it isn't. I tried to extend the corners back out, which helped a little, but its not as good as I had hoped. Anyway, at least I learnt something from this mod!