• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 Permutation Question

Stae24

I was just wondering if someone out there knows short algs for a 2x2 that allow you to permute the corners without caring about the other layer.

Just tell me the algs and how they should be performed (which direction to hold the cube in).

bcube

I was just wondering if someone out there knows short algs for a 2x2 that allow you to permute the corners without caring about the other layer.

Just tell me the algs and how they should be performed (which direction to hold the cube in).
Technically speaking, without counting symmetries, there are only two cases for a permutation of corners in a layer: adjacent swap (AKA T permutation) and diagonal swap (AKA Y permutation).

What you probably want are algorithms that permute and at the same time orient the corners of the second layer, while first layer is being solved. Search CLL.

If you want to permute and at the same time orient the corners of the second layer, while a face of the second layer is being solved, see EG method. Section called External links provides the algorithms.

You can always generate your own algorithms if you don't like those linked ones for some reason.