look ahead

1. CuberRiley

Skewb First Side Cases and Algs! (And look ahead help)

Hey everyone! So I spent a while playing around with my Skewb, and I decided to create some first side algorithms and cases. Now these are fast and easy, and when you're using these algorithms, you can easily look way ahead and save all that extra time trying to recognize those second side...
  2. nalralz

No inspection challenge

Try solving any cube without looking at it before you solve it. This really tests your look ahead abilities. Give the single or average, the puzzle, and your normal average to compare it with. 3x3 single: 21.13 Normal average: 14-17
  3. luhdi

[Unofficial] F2L Practice with metronome

This is a video of me practicing my F2L with a metronome from 60 to 160 BPM. If this can inspire others to practice look ahead this way ;-)
  4. MarcelP

What color cube do you prefer?

I have found out that my look ahead (and recognition in general) better is with black cubes. It makes the colors stand out I guess. How is it with you guys?
  5. jskyler91

How to Look Ahead in the Fridrich/ CFOP Method

This is the first part of my 4 part series on how to look ahead in CFOP. I realize that this first vid, and possibly others may not be presenting original information, but no one has, to my knowledge made this inforation available in video form. Let me know if this helps you guys out. I...
  6. MayurAK

Hello

Hello everyone, i have just joined the forums. I am very interested in cubing. I am currently working on learning the PLLs and improving my look ahead for F2L. can anyone please suggest some good videos for the above? Thanks a lot!
  7. D

[Help Thread] Lookahead Discussion

I posted most of this in the Introduction forum but I'll repeat a little bit here... I've been cubing for almost 2 weeks now, not too intensely since i have the job/wife/child to take care of but I've been spending time with the cube almost every night at some point. I learned enough of the...
  8. DANrulz81

[Help Thread] 3x3 Cross Help and Discussion

macky's website has everything. Seriously. Here is cross. YouTube Videos badmephistofazrulz1camcubercyoubxcrazybadcubermonkeydude1313HowtoCubeRobH0629TheAnonymousWisdom Original post: Can u help me with the Cross? I got time between 12 & 20 seconds. My Problem is, that I don't "see" the...
  9. A

Metronome discussion thread

Hello ! Have some of you ever tried the metronome excercise (trying to do one move per tick for the F2L) ? How fast can you go ? I think it is a quite good excercise even though I am really bad at it, I can hardly go over the 80...(that must be why I am so slow solving the cube :p). I...
  10. D

[Help Thread] F2L Discussion and Help

I have not been practicing Fridrich F2L more than a few weeks. I wrote these personal notes for helping myself out getting better. if you have any thoughts feel free to post them. my biggest problem is to spot the two pieces (looking ahead). putting them together is really intuitiv when you...