time

1. T

Ded

Hello! Welcome to the 3x3 Sub-set competition. These will be the categories for the competition. 2-Gen(R,U) Roux(M,U) 3-Gen #1(F,R,U) 3-Gen #2(R,U,L) 3-Gen #3(R,r,U) Half-turns only Last Slot + Last Layer These are the subsets from Cstimer. 2-Gen(L,U) was removed because of the similarity of...
  2. TheSpeedSkewber

How much time a day do you devote to cubing?

How much time do you devote per day to cubing? For me, 0-30 mins on a weekday, but 2-5 hours on a weekend
  3. ZZTrooper

Good speeds for different puzzles.

I have no idea where this should be posted, but this seemed the most appropriate. Also, I know I'm supposed to search the forum before making a new thread, but I have no idea what to search for. I would like to know approximately what times equal others in other events. I can't seem to word...
  4. Jedi

Cubing & School [Time Management]

Managing your activities Most users on this site are probably obsessed with solving their cubes.. Although with school starting, a lot of us need to start solving problems as well. When someone's addicted to an activity, it can be hard to manage your time successfully. I posted this thread...
  5. A

New to speed cubing and need have a lot of questions

So i got a normal Rubik's cube for Christmas and learned it really slow how to solve it in beginner way so i didn't do much with it, but 2 weeks ago i found a speedcuber on youtube and started learning the 2 look OLL and 2 look PLL. Now the questions i have: -My fastest solve time atm is...
  6. antoineccantin

Antoine Cantin 24.11 PLL time attack (UWR?)

:D Cube: Moyu Weilong Order: UUZHAAEJJRRTYVFNNGGGG
  7. AntFu

What do you average on the 2x2?

What is your average on the 2x2? (not record average) (Which method do you use?) Mine is 4.3 seconds with CLL
  8. E

Year 12 School Speedcubing Research Project

This is my article for my year 12 Research Project. As you will find out it was about the methods for reducing solve time. Any feedback would be appreciated, if there are any questions please ask :) I just want to point out it has to be written in a certain way to fit the criteria. Because of...
  9. Lokasye

How long did it take you to learn...

Hi! Im pretty new at cubing and I going to ask some questions. but at first i going to tell you some thing about me and cubing. I start whit cubing for like 3-4 weeks ago when i find a rubik's cube that I've had since I was a child, and i wanted to learn to solve it so i looked on some...
  10. nuclearbigdaddy

3x3 Cube times

Hello everyone...I have been cubing for about 3-4 months and I average 28 seconds on a 3x3 cube. My best time is 21 seconds. I use a stickerless Zhanchi that I modded and lubed with 30k diff oil. Do you think these are good times, and do you know any ways to get faster. I use CFOP. With...
  11. J

4 Look Last Layer is slowing me down ...

The only algorithm I don't know is the headlights alg in OLL but everything else I'm fine with but my times are slower than when I used Dan Brown's beginner method. Any suggestions? :confused:
  12. brandbest1

The Bizarre Puzzle Example Solve Game!!

There have been two example solve games: 3x3 and 2x2. Now time for some non-n x n puzzles! Yes, there are lots of those out there, bringing more fun to this thread! Same format as the other example solve games. When you say next, name the puzzle and the scramble. Current puzzles than can be used...
  13. R

[Unofficial] My process while solving the cube!

well i know i'm slow but i still want to be faster!so please help me with tips!:) ill appreciate it:)
  14. C

The influence of cubes in your times

Cubes better than the rubik's brand's lower your times.I've always wonderedhow much difference do they make.So i propose this challenge(3x3x3 only): -Do five solves with the cube you usually use; -Register those five times and their average (of the five times); -Do five solves with a regular...
  15. C

3x3 Method Survey

Note the following: Method Average (time) Average (movecount)
  16. Winston Yang

[Help thread] DaYan ZhanChi

Hi I recently received a Dayan Zhanchi and it is really good and I was wondering if your center caps are really loose like myns they are really loose
  17. MovingOnUp

Time Barriers Help

Hello I am new to the forums and not a great speedcuber so I am going to start by telling what method etc. I use and what I would like to know/need help with? Okay I use Fridrich F2L and 2look OLL and 2look PLL and I cant seem to break the 40 second barrier average. My averages are about 45...
  18. A

Odd WCA stats/ Stats request Thread

The intention of this thread is for people to post interesting competition statistics like the one below. Esteban Marin has only done one official solve, and the event was 7x7x7!
  19. pcwiz

[Help Thread] How to Get Faster using the Fridrich / CFOP Method

PDF Version of this Guide - March 23, 2013 Welcome! This thread will be a guide to help you get faster at solving the Rubik’s Cube using the popular Fridrich/CFOP method. Please read this thread and do some forum searching prior to asking questions about becoming faster. First off, the...