hardware

1. Bingus Ringus McDingus

I hate 6x6.

There's so much wrong with it. I really try to like it, but pops, even with the best 6x6s just happen. Now I'm missing a centerpiece. What should we do, as cubers, to try and improve 6x6 as a whole event?
  2. S

Cube on christmas

What Cubing relating hardware are you getting for Christmas? Can be anything that is cubing-related. I got some cubicle lubes and a new skewb.
  3. CubeExplorer

How to remove the spring noise in a simple Cube

Today I tried to make my MoYu3c silent and it works very well. So I recommend the following procedure. I like the MoYu3c and they are pretty cheap. They need some service for the start. First I had cleaned the parts and lubed with dry handsoap. This works well. I do not use silicon oil or oil...
  4. W

Took apart my gan 249,need help reassembling!

Took apart gan 249 for some lubing after going 2 years with no lube, trying to put back together, but need some help, can't figure out how to insert corners back into the core since the hole is so small!
  5. SH03L4C3

What was your first SpeedCube?

For example, Mine was a Cyclone Boys 2x2 off of amazon.
  6. YouCubing

History of the best speedcubes?

I'm doing a presentation for my Research Paper class on the history of 3x3 single world records. Obviously just listing out who got them, when, and how fast they were would be boring and wouldn't qualify as research, so I want some background info! What I'm looking for is the most popular...
  7. H

Need help with youtube

Hello, I have been presented with an opportunity to get sponsor at 1k subs! I am nearly at 500 right now. Can someone pls help me by subscribing to me? Channel is HL Cuber. thank you! I am also doing a giveaway right now! You need to be subscribe to be enter! Winners will be announce on June 19...
  8. B

Torque on Conventional Cubes

Hello, I am a student doing a robotics project, you guessed it, a Rubik's cube solver! The device will user linear solenoids to press grasping claws, rotated by steppers or servos, onto the cube faces. Two questions: -Does anyone know the torque required to turn the face of a standard Rubik's...
  9. SdnS

Have we reached the limit to 3x3 hardware?

So, I have recently been thinking about how GAN has been releasing soo many new 3x3s with each one, “surpassing” the last. Which brings up the question, have we reached the limit on 3x3 hardware? When the 356X came out everyone switched to it and it instantly became soo many people’s main 3x3...
  10. Etotheipi

Magnet polarity change.

This probably wouldn't work, but would it be beneficial to reverse the magnets in edges so the pieces repel each other instead of attracting? It would still align the faces well i think, and it would reduce friction as well. Although getting strong enough magnets to actually cause any friction...
  11. dominoboy

GMS Magnets Strengthening?

Before purchasing my Gan X, many reviewers stated that the strongest (clear) magnets weren't very strong. I prefer stronger magnets in my cubes (such as the GTS3 M magnets) but decided it would still be worth trying it out. After playing with the Gan X, I realized the magnets were quite weak...
  12. B

WTB Old Type-C, Type-C v1.5, or Type-C Retooled.

I've grown a bit nostalgic for when I first got into cubing. My favorite cubes, after some time cubing (badly), were my Type-C and Type-F. My Type-F survived, as well as all of my Type-A cubes (versions I through V), Type-C v2, Type-C v3, Type-D, and Type-F v2. My Type-C v1, however, took a fall...
  13. u Cube

New Hardware Won't Get You Faster

As long as you are using a somewhat modern cube, hardware won't get you faster.... Warning to all newer cubers: you don't have to buy every single new cube on the market because it won't make you faster....
  14. Y

MF3RS2M, Yuxin Little Magic M or Yuxin Huanglong M?

Hi, I'm new here so forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly! I'm interested in cubing and now I want to buy a speedcube. I'm thinking of getting either the Cubicle Labs MF3RS2M, Cubicle Labs Yuxin Little Magic M or the Cubicle Pro Shop Yuxin Huanglong M. Which one do you think will be best for...
  15. RMcDonald

DaYan Zhanchi popping like crazy, very catch-happy. Suggestions?

Hi all, I have a 55mm black DaYan Zhanchi that I have about ~600 solves on. It's not my main so it's not a huge deal, but it was my first proper speedcube so it's got a special place in my heart. It was very smooth and didn't catch often. However, I opened it up and lubed the core with...
  16. A

Rubik's Cube Game Controller!!

This is an Arduino project I made that uses a Rubik's cube as an input device for gaming.
  17. N

Fangshi ShuangRen Illusion tension problems

My Fangshi Illusion finally came in the mail to finish Fangshi Collection. However, I like my cubes really really really loose. So this causes some problem with the Illusion. Since the center caps are recessed into the center pieces, I can't have the tensions super loose like I like them. If...
  18. rk960925

X Cube Question

Hi I have a completely broken in(solved more than 1000times) x cube 4x4. I got the cube to turn like dayan 3x3s, but the reverse cornercutting still sucks. Does anybody know any mod for x cube 4? Also, can i do consta & florian on x cube? Will it make it better? Plz help!!
  19. ThomasJE

Storebought Replacement Hardware

Hi, I've recently tried modding ny old Rubik's storebought to make it a little better. I'm planning of: Sanding down internal parts Making 'RCC' holes (simular to a Dayan) Replacing stickers Replacing core/springs/screws My question is: What brand of stickers/core/springs/screws would...
  20. R

Cube Shop in Chicago?

I am traveling to downtown Chicago soon and I was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere in Chicago inn which there is a physical cube shop. Any help would be appreciated!