orientation

1. MagicVince

What does this algorithm actually do?

Hello, If you are wondering what this or that OLL actually does (in terms of permutations for instance), this website can help you: https://cube.vgreco.fr/ When I introduced myself two and half years ago I told you I was working on a website that would analyze the effects of an algorithm. For...
  2. 1001010101001

Algs for orienting both layer corners while preserving EO?

Hello, I am solving using Human Thistlethwaite for fun. However, the corner orientation feels inefficient orienting two at a time with R' D L2 D' R. Assuming 7 corner OLL cases, and compensating for 3 corner twists configurations I estimate around 150 algorithms, and possible under 100 with...
  3. Filipe Teixeira

Roux 4A Chart

I know this is not new, in fact it's just kian mansour algs for Roux EO, but... I found a better way to organize cases and help people finding the solutions easily. The cases are in a table with top and bottom of the cube. Solutions lead to the arrow case if it isn't arrow. I hope it helps, as...
  4. shadowslice e

One-Answer Puzzle Theory Question Thread

So I just thought it might be useful to have a one question answer thread instead of having a new thread everytime someone want to ask a simple question. Anyway, my question is: where can I find a copy of the pruning tables? Thanks :) SSE
  5. J

How does an alg affect the cube? (Full and complete answer please)

Hello, My name is Jay. I am 21 years old with self taught knowledge in mathmatics and Group Theory. I've lurked this website for some time now, understand most of the topics of disscussion, and now pose a question to further my own understanding. So given all the information from this website...
  6. C

[video] Orientation of last layer without algorithm (corners)

Hello! Here is a video to explain how to orient corners, which is part of OLL, but without using algorithms. Here every move is explained. Well, the basic 3-cycle is very briefly explained, so if you want more explanation, see the other video below that explains commutators. My english...
  7. supernova

weird orietation...?

I'v been cubing for a while (as a beginer) but ive only recently become interested in speedsolving. The question i have is this. I've solved the centres and aligned the edges of my 4x4 cube as well as solved the f2l, or in the case the f3l. Why now do i get to the last layer only to find an...
  8. D

[Help Thread] F2L Discussion and Help

I have not been practicing Fridrich F2L more than a few weeks. I wrote these personal notes for helping myself out getting better. if you have any thoughts feel free to post them. my biggest problem is to spot the two pieces (looking ahead). putting them together is really intuitiv when you...