theory

1. Bingus Ringus McDingus

Theoretical Yau4 variations

Let me preface this by saying that I probably shouldn't be the one talking about this, I am not great at 4x4. But, I think that I have three potential ideas that may improve Yau for 4x4. Also, these ideas may previously have existed, and I apologize if I am repeating ideas that are already out...
  2. D

3x3 PBL Theoretical Method (3BL) (CFOP Variant)

So, I invented a theoretical CFOP variant known as "3BL". It consists of a few steps: 1.) Solve the cross ANY WAY YOU WANT (so it doesn't have to align the colors, just connect the cross-colored part of the edges to the center) 2.) Solve the rest of the cube up until PLL 3.) Do a PBL algorithm...
  3. samcorrigan

What is the Limit?

Hi guys, so Im doing a Project on the Cube, and the theory behind it, and I am doing a section on the limits, How fast can we actually solve a Rubik's cube? My question to you is this: What do you think the limit for the 3x3x3 Cube is (To the nearest .1 of a second). I will be doing some...
  4. ravenguild08

Merits of CFOP

I've been inactive in the forums for a long time, but I recently wrote this article and thought I would share. I hope you find it informative! --- CFOP, aka. the Fridrich Method, is the wildly popular Rubik's Cube solving method used by virtually all high- and mid-level speedcubers. Still...
  5. Mr Cubism

How the great pyramid was built, a top theory is awaiting to be revealed...

Jean-Pierre Houdin, a French architect, came up with a theory a few years ago that may explain how the great pyramid was built and even found physical evidence of it. An internal ramp was the solution! Density scans from another team in 1986 showed that 15% of the mass was missing. The scans...
  6. S

Speedcubing Theory - Proposition

Well, firstly I think in this deriving my CN theory. I’m proposing treat the Speedcubing like a sport, using the sciences to help and abording three main areas: benefits, harms, and possible improvements – that is the more important. Benefits – Here I suggest studies to prove in what the...