speed cubing

1. Shridhar

[Help Thread] How to make my cube better ?

Hey! Can you suggest some ways to make my Valk 3 ( non - magnetic better? The problem is that it lags too much , corner cutting is not perfect 45° and I am feeling that I wasted my money over it . I am a beginner ( PB-53 seconds ) , so I don't know how to tension the cube the right way , how to...
  2. ipreferitsolved

[Member Intro] Greetings Speedcubers!

Hello, I am ipreferitsolved (just call me Bryce:D), and I am a new member here at SpeedSolving.com. I am looking forward to having conversations with people that share the same interest as me (My cube jokes don't work at school!) and I can't wait to *maybe* receive new knowledge of speedcubing...
  3. nalralz

How to get faster at the 3x3 Rubik's Cube (updated)

This is a spin off of Fazrulz1's series he did almost 6 years ago. Even though it is mostly the same thing, it has more recent facts and ways of doing things. Be sure to subscribe if you want to be notified of them. New videos will come out every week and sometimes more than 1 in one day.
  4. Berkmann18

[Member Intro] Greetings

Hello everyone, my name is Maximilian Berkmann. I'm a british 18 years old speedcuber and I've attended my first competition last weekend (Oxford Winter 2014) where I've unfortunately messed up: Square-1, 3BLD, FMC and the 3x3. I'm doing: 2x2 to 5x5, Clock, Square-1, Megaminx, 3x3 OH, 3BLD...
  5. V

What systems do world record holders use?

Greetings, I was wondering what speedcubing method is generally considered to be the fastest, and which ones do record holders use? And which one in your opinion is the most fun one? :) Regards, Vedyl
  6. EbonicsPhonics

How do top speed cubers move their fingers so quickly?

While on YouTube the other day I watched clips of Feliks Zemdegs and other insanely good speed cubers. And what I want to know is, how do their fingers move at such and ungodly pace? Is it all just the product of butt tons of practice? Do they have specific finger workouts? or were they just...
  7. Prismatic

How fast should I be at this point?

I've only been speed cubing for about a month or a little less. I average about a minute and a slightly less for a 3x3. So, as you can see, I'm a beginner. I mastered the beginners method in 2 days or so. And right now, I use F2L and a little bit of 2 Look OLL. I just wanted to know based on...
  8. D

Hey, Guys, DanDaMan020 here!

Hello, Cubers! I am DanDaMan020, and I work with 2x2`s and 3x3`s mostly, but I can also solve the 0x0, 1x1, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Axis Cube, and am working on getting a 4x4. My best times are: 3x3- 50 sec. 2x2- 7.08 sec. Megaminx- 7:50 Pyraminx- I haven`t timed myself yet on it. So I hope you guys...
  9. C

What did you feel when you got your first sub-30 solve on a 3x3x3?

I've always wondered what the feeling was like.Then, a few weeks ago I got my first sub-30 solve(29.49 although it was a very lucky case). I got really happy with it.So tell me, what did you felt when you got your first sub-30? P.S.: If there is already another thread like this sorry then. By...
  10. H

What's your 3x3 average/best time?

My best is 00:53:62 and average of 5 is around 01:10.93. Is this good or bad? I've been cubing for about 2 months
  11. R

We need to help newcubers

I have find a lot of videos in the youtube and a lot of posts telling or offerig different ways of making faster the cubes. They say different ways that in a short term of time arent too bad (some of them) and then in a long term of time they are horrible. I think we should make announces...
  12. M

Greetings - MrSpike

Hello everyone, it's nice to be a part of the community! I am a 16 year old English guy who has been cubing for about a month now (20th august 2011) and have been captivated by speedsolving and other twisty puzzles. I have in that month aquired a regular storebought 3x3, Ghost Hand 3x3, 2x2...
  13. S

I need Help.

I can solve the rubik's cube layer by layer starting with the white cross and so on. My current average is 1 minute 17 seconds. I have been practicing for about 1 year. I would like to get into speed cubing. There are so many websites for the speed cubing and they are lengthy, and confusing. I...
  14. cubeflip

Race to Sub-20 OH

this thread starts here: I've noticed that many people use the slower 3x3 races to race themselves at OH. I couldn't find an OH race through the search, so I'm starting one. Hopefully a handful of people will like this. This race has the same rules as the other races. For each round there will...
  15. A

My order of Cubes

1. Type F-II 3x3x3 Cube (NIB) - Black 2. Alpha-V(Type A) 3x3x3 Cube (DIYKIT) - Black 3. Lanlan 2x2x2 Cube (NIB) - White 4. Cube4you Vinyl 3x3x3 Sticker - W 5. Eastsheen Super 5X5 Cube - A5S I paid 40$ for all that stuff a few days back, bought from Cube4you. Still waiting for the...
  16. pcwiz

[Help Thread] How to Get Faster using the Fridrich / CFOP Method

PDF Version of this Guide - March 23, 2013 Welcome! This thread will be a guide to help you get faster at solving the Rubik’s Cube using the popular Fridrich/CFOP method. Please read this thread and do some forum searching prior to asking questions about becoming faster. First off, the...
  17. edd5190

Accomplishment Thread

A thread for accomplishments, hence the title, "Accomplishments Thread". Just post your accomplishments here. I decided to make an accomplishments thread because they have one in TwistyPuzzles and I think it would be nice to have one here too. I'll start: I've finally gotten around to...