jskyler91

1. jskyler91

Cross Choice: How I Choose (For Current or Aspiring Color Neutral Solvers)

The title says it all. Many people have asked me this question and so I figured I would make my answer into a video:
  2. jskyler91

[Unofficial] 9.32 Avg of 5

Hey guys, gals and everything between or outside, So I have been really busy lately and thus have not had the time to make many vids/ practice much, but here is a pretty decent average of 5 I had last night when I was "warmed up" i.e. after like 150 straight solves lol. I am still trying to get...
  3. jskyler91

My PLLs Broken Down w/ Fingertricks explained (WIP) (Video)

Hey Guys and Gals and everything inbetween, So as the title says I am finally doing a video tutorial on all of my PLLs and OLLs. This section will be specifically for my PLLs. I have been asked to make this video for over a year now, but I honestly didn't really feel comfortable making it...
  4. jskyler91

A Few Tricks to Help You Avoid Cube Rotations

Title says it all. This will be a series covering Edge orientation and its manipulation, use of open slots, cube rotation saving inserts/algs, as well as some general tips and ways of looking at the cube that will help you to avoid as many unnecessary cube rotations as possible. The first few...
  5. jskyler91

2-Side PLL Recog +Hyperorientation= 1LLL Method

Hey Guys, So I don't have great luck here with posting new ideas. I want to make it clear that I am not proposing this as new, here to argue or anything else, but I have never heard of anything like what I am about to describe so here you go. With that in mind i am just throwing an idea out...
  6. jskyler91

More W/Y Example Solves

Hope this helps people. I do go off screen a few times, especially on the first solve, but I go back and reexplain so hold on for the whole vid and 98% of what I do should be explained. I will make more with a better angle, but I wanted to make sure you could see the scrambles.
  7. jskyler91

X-Cross Tips, Tricks and Tutorials

So I have been asked for this video more times then I can count and without further adei here is my X-cross tips and tricks vid. This will be an ongoing video series so check back like once a week or so to find new vids or just subscribe! I have finished the first three and will be posting...
  8. jskyler91

Example Solves Using White and Yellow

Hey guys long time no talk. So as you guessed I am back for a while, but I am definitely out of the debate realm. My only goal here is to provide feedback and help cubers to get faster. If you don't like me or what I say then feel free to say so but I won't respond. Now onto the cubing stuff. So...
  9. jskyler91

Skyler Variation (SV)

Ok, so first of all, yes I changed the name, I didn't really like the old one and no I am not copying Rowe I thought of the name independently of him. Seeing as how last time I tried to post this it turned into a fiasco, this time lets set a few things straight: What this thread is NOT: 1...
  10. jskyler91

What Should I Learn Before I Stop Learning?

READ THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!!! I have been debating what I should undertake learning next for a while now and I have decided to ask you guys for your opinion. I feel like I am close to stopping the bulk of my learning and I want to know what you guys think are the most important things I...
  11. jskyler91

[Video] My 2- Side PLL Recognition Method

I told myself I would make at least two videos this break so here is my guide on how I do 2- side PLL recognition. I have received a lot of questions about this so I hope this answers them. I say it many times in the videos, but I would like to again thank Sarah for her amazing guide, without it...
  12. jskyler91

[video] My F2L Algs from All 4 Angles

Hey guys, Thanks to HMark for the idea and for subtly nudging me to do finish this quickly. I hope this helps some people. I will add them as they finish uploading and I will be adding the algs in the desciption later, but HMark wanted them up quick so I did. FINALLY I WOULD LIKE TO SAY DO AS...
  13. jskyler91

How to Look Ahead in the Fridrich/ CFOP Method

This is the first part of my 4 part series on how to look ahead in CFOP. I realize that this first vid, and possibly others may not be presenting original information, but no one has, to my knowledge made this inforation available in video form. Let me know if this helps you guys out. I...
  14. jskyler91

[video] "Advanced" Fingertricks (Cross, F2L, OLL/PLL)

Hello Speedsolving.com'ers, After receiving many requests about the random fingertricks I do I decided to make a video on all of the universally useful ones. Let me know what you guys think. I didn't do any move cancelations stuff such as WV or VH or COLL/ OLLCP seeing as how those are more...
  15. Stefan

The "I quit / pause / return / change / etc." thread

I noticed sometimes people announce that they're quitting or taking a break or are back or intend to change or something like that. Last time I said I might create a common thread for that, so here it is. Please no hate if someone posts his own thread instead of in here, this thread is just an...