blind

1. Skewby_Doo

Skewby_Doo's Blind Grind

Yesterday, I did my first ever FMC mo3 and it was a lot of fun. I learned NISS and Block Building, and have practiced those some. I made a progression thread, and now one of the only things I do not know is 3BLD. I learned 2BLD a month or two ago, but really struggled with new cycles. I decided...
  2. A

Why not to list all cycles of rubik's cube?

Hello, every blindfolded cuber. I am here to offer you crazy idea. Why not to shoot 6M algs for 2 years? 3; 5; 7-cycles for Rubik's cube. Let me explain detailed calculations for 3; 5; 7 cycles: 3 - letters to permutate - every letter linked to 21 others, getting 21 algs, 21 set = 21×21 = 441...
  3. ProyectoSigma

U2 method, a way to go to 3-Style

U2 was made by Orozco since 11 years ago, but in this moment there were inneficient algorithm. The idea behind U2 is to use it as a "Base method", with UF/UFR as the buffers, the mechanism is the same than M2 and R2,. Corners (Speffz) A: U2 B: [l' R' : [D2, R U R']] + U2 C: Buffer D: [R' D R...
  4. highnickk

100/100 2x2 Multiblind Progress Thread

I want to have a multi blind world record, and 2x2 blindfolded is relatively easy. Also, the best result I saw anywhere is 6/6. I´m taking an incredibly ambitious journey to get 100/100 2x2 multi blind success. I´ll update everyone when I get a new best or something important happens. So far, I...
  5. dudefaceguy

Intuitive 3-Style as a Beginner Blind Method

I recently learned 3-style as my first blind method. I did it completely intuitively, without memorizing any algorithms. This is an explanation of what I did, and a collection of the resources that I used. I hope that it will be helpful to others who want to learn 3-style intuitively for fun...
  6. Animaginarytale

U2 Method v2

I stumbled across an old thread talking about U2, an improvement to R2, which you all know is generally regarded as bad. The idea is similar, but you setup to UFR and use U2 to swap with UBL buffer instead. The problems with the older thread: Parity sucked Special cases sucked So I have...
  7. GAN 356 X

(New) What cubes should be added to the WCA events list?

Since I forgot to add so many things, I decided to make a new one.
  8. M

My audio memo technique for edges

Hello, I wanted to present to you the method I'm using for edges memorization. It is an audio-based method that has the advantage of producing a very condensed audio sequence, and not requiring to translate the letters into words or images. You basically memorize just one long word composed of...
  9. Rusca

How to translate cubing algs to music (team blind chord dictation system).

Hi everyone, This saturday Berta and I were thinking about cubing challenges we could try and do, and I just saw her piano sitting there and thought: wait a minute... could we maybe just dictate a whole team blind solution using only the piano? And so after giving it some thought, the encoding...
  10. Julio974

4BLD and 5BLD Mo3 recognized by the WCA in 2019

This will be the latest change since 333ft changing from mean to average! Announcement: https://github.com/thewca/wca-regulations/issues/681 Commit: https://github.com/thewca/wca-regulations/commit/8b3a38bf71836c42eab409f574612daee6a124f4 Discussion...
  11. rybaby

[NAR] Mark Boyanowski - 24/24 Multi-BLD 54:45

Second to last NAR from 2013 beaten! http://live.cubecomps.com/live.php?cid=1343&cat=19&rnd=1 Good job!
  12. C

[Unofficial] [French NR] 2x2x2 Blind 12.28 Kévin Cagnon

Congratulations ! Done at Hem Maricubik open 2015. Solve at the end of the video.
  13. X

[Unofficial] 3x3 bld 50.45s - Tomas Canevali

that would be nr in my country so im good with it. mi pb right now is definetly a low 40s i use 3 cycles and very cold hands for this solve theres not much else to say about it. enjoy
  14. mDiPalma

[Unofficial] 10.69 SpeedBLD FAIL (Petrus method)

I miscounted the number of d moves and y rotations, so I got the PLL AUF wrong because I'm retarded. :tu I thought I'd post it here so you all can laugh at my misfortune. :mad:
  15. IAmAPerson

Pyraminx Blindfolded?

Hey! I personally love pyraminx, and since it's such a simple puzzle, I thought it'd be cool to learn to solve it blindfolded! However, because not too many people do pyraminx, and fewer blindsolve it, my searches have come up mainly empty. I solved it once BLD, but it was extremely lucky. I...
  16. Ollie

[WR] Oliver Frost 4x4x4 Blindfolded 2:18.65

Execution starts at 0:37, done at Cuthberts Open 2014. Thank you Chris :) B2 U2 B2 D L2 U2 B2 R2 L2 U' B U' L2 D' F' L' B2 D' U L' F Uw2 B' R2 L B' Uw2 Fw2 F Uw2 R' F' L' F2 Uw' Rw2 R F2 U B' Fw Uw R F Rw Uw' Rw2 x' y' [U2 x R:[U, R' D2 R]] // ULF -> UFR -> UBL (11/11) [R D': U' R' U, L2]]...
  17. peteraberg

Help with 5x5x5 Blind parity?

Hello! I would need some help with 5x5x5 blind. I now tried a few times and it comes down to the same problem, the end. Memorisation works fine and execution also until the end... I can't find help in any other post maybe because I solve in a bit of a funny order, but it works in my head...
  18. szalejot

Confused with M2+OP parity

I am solving 3BLD using M2 for edges and OP for corners. I solve corners first. When parity occurs I try to switch UBL with UBR and then after solved edges I do: M2 y L2 <T-perm> L2. I see a lot of my DNF are: all cube solved except UBL and UBR which are in place, but not oriented. I try to...
  19. Noahaha

[Official] Journey to Sub-30 3BLD

20. Mikel

7x7x7 Blindfolded Success (with Pop)

On my 7th attempt, I was finally able to solve the 7x7x7 blindfolded! Total time: 1:22:38.50 Memo time: [46:20] It also had a pop that I was luckily able to fix. The pop is at 4:44 in the video. Methods: Centers: U2 Wings: r2 Midges: M2 Corners: OP http://youtu.be/wr02YI1bvMg