• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DIY cubes

(X)

WCA
2009GLOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have decided to buy a white DIY cube from cube4you.com, but there are so many different cubes. I do not want to buy several DIY sets and build them together, what is the best DIY set? I've heard the f cube is good, is it???

can someone please answer this question aswell: "After you paid , you need go to the forum and pm Administrator the MTCN num and your info " this is written in the payment area when you order from cube4you, do I have to do that to get my order???

Last edited:

shafiqdms1

WCA
2008MOHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
type A is the best because it is a good balance between good core and good pieces. Other types may be unbalanced, having good pieces and bad cores but personally I prefer type A

Athefre

Just look at the A and F like you do your school tests.

A = an A
F = an F

It's simple.

wongxiao

also, can someone tell me exactly how to order from cube4you, do you have mail some chinese guy that cant speak proper english?

No. It's an english website dude :|

Just place an order the same way you do on 99% of all online stores.

lol... wow.

OP, have you even been to the site? And I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have to deal with a customer in another country who can't speak proper Chinese... Anyway, it uses PayPal, as does CubeSmith (you should definitely get some CubeSmith stickers or tiles...they rock).

I got a few Type Ds. They're quite good, pretty fast, moderately tolerant, some pops (but I guess I get more than most people?) vastly superior to Rubik's brand. However, the cores are not so good. Dae Ja Voo has a tutorial about how to make them better, which I plan on doing once I get my hands on a Type A core. Basically, if you don't want to do some work, the New Type Ds are a no-go.

Finally, if you want a good cube, you should expect to do some work. I found that my Type Ds, old and new, functioned way better after I took them apart (including removing the centers), and carefully put them back together. If you're getting a true DIY kit, it'll be in pieces anyway so you should have no problem building a hybrid (superior) cube.

ImNOTnoob

I feel the cube types must match the cuber.
For example,one person might like type a cubes, another hates it.
Good cube types: Type a - smooth, cuts corners the best of all, but pops often.
Type c - smooth, similar to type a but locks up a bit more.
Type d - smooth, not as good as cutting corners, but locks up a bit more, but alot of people love this cube, its feeling is nice.
Type e - stickered version - very good cube, but need luck to get it.

Not so good cubes:
Type b - pops and locks up.
Type e - painted version - in my opinion, locks up. smooth though!
Type f - not sure about this, but many people says its not that good.
Type a model ii - locks because of the ridges.
Type a third model - not so sure.
Type a model iii (yes, its different) - its new, im not so sure.

Last edited:

(X)

WCA
2009GLOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"After you paid , you need go to the forum and pm Administrator the MTCN num and your info " this is written in the payment area when you order from cube4you, do I have to do that to get my order???