• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What method do you use?

What BLD method do you use?

• Total voters

not_kevin

WCA
2008YOUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of curiosity, what method do you people use? Advance apology to any of those who use a method I did not put in the poll. If you do parts of different methods, please specify how you do it in a post.

I use Orient first 3-cycle. Not particularly good at it.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of the more common methods out there today is M2 for edges, orient first 3-cycle for corners. That's what I use. Unfortunately, it's not a choice in your poll.

Since you can mix and match methods, there will probably be lots of people who don't fit well in one of these categories. Should we all just vote other, or pick one of the two that we partially use?

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like that Classic Pochmann was a choice.

Anyhow, why specify "freestyle commutators"? I like freestyle, and I do whatever I want. If I don't wanna use a commutator, who cares? It's freestyle, and I'm free to use whatever algs I like! :p

Anyhow, I still use 3OP visual for a lot of stuff. Like my Nationals solves. :p

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted other because I use BH. Although it's based on freestyle commutators, the idea is to make the process completely braindead, with a memorized alg/commutator for each and every situation.

Right now I guess it's only Daniel and I (and Mike too it sounds like?), but hopefully we can add more people to our rank soon :)

Chris

not_kevin

WCA
2008YOUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I voted other because I use BH. Although it's based on freestyle commutators, the idea is to make the process completely braindead, with a memorized alg/commutator for each and every situation.

Right now I guess it's only Daniel and I (and Mike too it sounds like?), but hopefully we can add more people to our rank soon :)

Chris

I must admit that I got distracted from BH, Chris. Every now and then I will take a look at a few algorithms to try to understand them, but I'm nowhere near getting serious about them. I keep bouncing around different other events (the past few weeks I spent on square-1 speedsolving, just to try to get a little less bad at it), and then I spend a lot of time each week on 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 BLD. Anyway, I figure my little bit of dabbling at BH at least helps me with fewest moves - I see alternate commutators a lot better now. Maybe someday I'll get serious about it again.

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
And hybrid method ? I sue M2 for edges and freestyle commutator or 5-cycle for corner (depending of the cube).

I want to switch full BH forcorner but I have tofind some tips for parity fix first ! This method is realy good for speed and for big cube, it's a realy nice work !

wryyl

Right now I use orient-before-M2 for edges, at least until I ingrain my letter scheme more solidly. I sometimes do a couple solves with 3-cycle edges too though. For corners, it's just 3-cycle.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Classic Pochmann corners (considering switching to R2). Have no clue for edges. I'm stuck on them and not sure what to do. I used to use 3OP for that, failed at TuRBo, tried M2, still haven't gotten it as well as I like. I'm considering adopting my corner memo for edges and practice M2 more.