• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

M2 Algorithms Needed

xXzaKerXx

BU-F'DR'FD' M2 D F' R D' F
BD-(i forgot sorry) try watching ericlimeback's tutorial on M2

Micael

Premium Member
WCA
2009BOUL03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Pretty sure there are many threads about it.

Here is how I do it, that should already help you:
I orient the edge and the buffer with:
M U M U M U2 M' U M' U M' U2
I need to do a setup move like F2 for BU case
So for BU, the complete alg is:
F2 M U M U M U2 M' U M' U M' U2 F2 M2
Long but easy.

xXzaKerXx

yeah, in my opinion its much better to shoot directly to that sticker instead of shooting to UF/UB/DB and remembering to flip it in the end. it pays to memorise 3 extra algorithms to ease the memorisation process. btw, the BD sticker : M2 D R' U R' U' M' U R U' M R D'. And if you need the one to shoot to FU, its F E R U R' E'R U' R' F' M2

EDIT: argh i must learn to type faster!

rubiknewbie

I just started to read about M2 from Stefan Pochmann's website so I only know the M U2 M U2 and U2 M' U2 M' and have to flip things in the end but I suspect I will come to some of these algorithms later!

rubiknewbie

I have been using the ones from Eric Limeback's tutorial although they are not very intuitive.

FU: F R U R' E R U' R' E' F' M2'
BD: M2' D R' U R' U' M' U R U' M R D'
BU: F' D R' F D' M2' D F' R D' F

I tried to learn from Macky's site but in the end there seem to be too many cases :fp. Just give me 1 for each and I'm happy.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm definitely going to use deadalnix's approach. His algs are very nice and I can take my time learning them.

Thanks to all for your help.

PS. I learned from Eric Limeback's tutorial so I don't like his algs for those cases :D

deadalnix

WCA
2008SECH01
Commutators for corners are mostly very easy (easier than on edges according to me). You should definitively go this way.

Try to search about BH to find more informations about this.

rubiknewbie

I completed reading through the BH tutorials but have not applied them in actual solves (with eyes open) yet. I just recently understood the cycle reduction theory but stuck at when you are down to 2 cycles.

I heard you have to solve 2 cycles in pairs. I have to consider whether to convert them to 3 cycles or to use algorithms or to finish up with old Pochmann.

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I completed reading through the BH tutorials but have not applied them in actual solves (with eyes open) yet. I just recently understood the cycle reduction theory but stuck at when you are down to 2 cycles.

I heard you have to solve 2 cycles in pairs. I have to consider whether to convert them to 3 cycles or to use algorithms or to finish up with old Pochmann.

1. I don't know who you are or what you can, but if you learnt blindfolded a month ago, I wouldn't start with BH yet, but improve my memo instead.

2. You may solve two cycles in any way you want!

3. If you meant two-cycles, then you could solve it any way you want to!

4. If you learn how to convert a two-swap to a threecycle, please share!

5. Using algorithms might help.

6. Finishing up with Classic Pochmann works, but the easiest is to finish with a fixed swap, for example URB<->UBL, and than solve them the last thing to do.