• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

For those who are good at cube theory...

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?p=217558
^^ previous thread
I now have my text files thanks to dougbenham.

I have one more request to give to the speedsolving community.

I'd like a maximum move count for solving the cross after an EO reduction. <R,U,L,D,(F2),(B2)>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the BL-pair after the previous steps. <R,U,L>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the FL-pair after the previous steps. <R,U,L>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the BR-pair after the previous steps. <R,U>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the FR-pair after the previous steps. <R,U>

Rough estimates are fine.
I just have no time to do the math myself, or research for it.

My solver is starting to look good already!

EDIT: Why I want these numbers:
To determine if my program enters an infinite loop (aka my logic is wrong)
To determine if it's possible to brute force these steps (which I HOPE it is)

EDIT:My solver now completely works! :D:D:D
(as far as I know)

But it is console based, and slowish.

Before I post it I want to:
Add a GUI
Speed it up

(this is just an update)

Last edited:

Johannes91

I'd like a maximum move count for solving the cross after an EO reduction. <R,U,L,D,(F2),(B2)>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the BL-pair after the previous steps. <R,U,L>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the FL-pair after the previous steps. <R,U,L>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the BR-pair after the previous steps. <R,U>
I'd like a maximum move count for solving the FR-pair after the previous steps. <R,U>
In FTM:

Cross: Maximum is 7, average 4.1.
BL: Maximum is 11, average 7.4.
FL: Maximum is 9, average 6.8.
BR: Maximum is 10, average 6.6.
FR: Maximum is 10, average 7.3.

There's no deep magic needed, so unless you're going to be very brute, it should be possible.

Last edited:

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
In FTM:

Cross: Maximum is 7, average 4.1.
BL: Maximum is 11, average 7.4.
FL: Maximum is 9, average 6.8.
BR: Maximum is 10, average 6.6.
FR: Maximum is 10, average 7.3.

There's no deep magic needed, so unless you're going to be very brute, it should be possible.

Is that including or excluding double turns. (like R2, U2.. etc.)
Those numbers seem large...

Johannes91

Double turns count as one move in FTM.

The last pairs are really easy because only <U,R> is used. Even completely dumb brute force needs just 3^10 steps in the worst case.

Cross and the first two pairs may require a bit optimizing. But in the other thread you requested that nobody helps you so I won't do that.

Last edited:

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Double turns count as one move in FTM.

The last pairs are really easy because only <U,R> is used. Even completely dumb brute force needs just 3^10 steps in the worst case.

Cross and the first two pairs may require a bit optimizing. But in the other thread you requested that nobody helps you so I won't do that.

I think I have some ideas.

Musturd

WCA
2009KASE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My solver now completely works! :D:D:D
(as far as I know)

But it is console based, and slowish.

Before I post it I want to:
Add a GUI
Speed it up