• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Giant Tetris

elimescube

WCA
2007COMP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tetris is a game that likely appeals to most of you because of how (much like speedsolving) it stimulates and develops visual memory, muscle memory, and lookahead.

But this is just ridiculous.

It took me 16 minutes 30 seconds to get one line (and a high score of 20 points!), this can obviously be done much more quickly and I am therefore obliged to encourage the speedsolving community to beat this record!

Come on, you know you want to. Besides, the visual/sound effect for getting a line is kinda cool.

Good luck, have fun :)

darthyody

I saw this a couple days ago on kotaku.com and after like five minutes I messed up a piece and gave up. This is the ONLY hardcore puzzle game.
AWESOME

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I hate the controls :(
no hard drop, no holding, automatic locking in...
I keep messing up one stupid piece and having to start over. I give up lol, DNF for me.

you can hard drop if you press up, not very useful though because you can't see where its going. Not sure what holding or automatic locking in is (probably what I just said you can't do?)

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tried to make a line but I messed up. Oh well, this is a really dumb idea anyway, WAY too big, and I don't like how the pieces start in random positions and how there are no visual cues to tell you when things are lined up...

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I nearly made it through on one after realizing that I should start a line from both ends of the screen to meet in the middle but after three tries I always messed up the line due to the fact that there are no visual cues, as mentioned before, to show where each piece will land.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
Yes it's real. I messed up with one square block when trying to fill the red boxes on the bottom left (you can see the hole on the third box)... I got soo annoyed. Until then it was just those boxes and the tree in the middle... I gave up and started doing random stuff on the sides. When I realized I had wasted an hour of my life doing nothing, I decided to end it all. I figure that the point of this new tetris is not to make lines, but to actually reach the top, so I win!!

Something interesting I noticed is that every once in a long while, it'll throw a new kind of piece at you, which is a long grey piece, like the red bars but twice as long. I think there's only two of them in there, see if you can find them.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I see some interesting art being created with it also. Unfortunately I had no good ideas when I started. And really there is no visual cues so you've got to have a lot of patience or you'll end up hard dropping a piece into the wrong place like me. D'OH!