• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] ZBLL discussion

Ross The Boss

WCA
2012SVEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Antoine, if you're talking about something like VH, you definitely can, but it won't be as fast as proper ZBLS.
whenever i use cfop, i just manipulate the edges while im solving the f2l so that when i get to the last pair, it is really easy. i dont practise cfop often though, but if i were to try harder, i think that doing it like that would be faster than dealing with all of the U edges at the the last slot.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can't you do ZBLS pretty intuitively?

Yeah, I just meant that I haven't bothered to learn any algs for the non-basic cases :p

Also for your list. I found this ZZLL T alg which I like but it wasn't in any of the databases. R2'B'R'U'RURB RUR2U2R'U2R' I remember that being leagues better for me.

Try this: x (R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R) (R D' R' U R D R' U') x'

It's just an A perm, followed by an 8 move L OCLL alg. I think it's simple and hopefully faster...

EDIT: (r U r' R U R' U' R U R' U' r U' r')(F R U R' U' F') <-- found by hand, I think it's much faster.

Last edited:

Egide

Premium Member
WCA
2011HIRW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Robert for the alg, it's really fast for 2H.
For OH l use (R U R’ U R U’ R’ U R) (L’ U L U2) R’ U’ L’ U2 L flows really smoothly.

A Leman

Yeah, I just meant that I haven't bothered to learn any algs for the non-basic cases :p

Try this: x (R2' D2 R U R' D2 R U' R) (R D' R' U R D R' U') x'

It's just an A perm, followed by an 8 move L OCLL alg. I think it's simple and hopefully faster...

EDIT: (r U r' R U R' U' R U R' U' r U' r')(F R U R' U' F') <-- found by hand, I think it's much faster.

I don't like the first one, but the second one is really good. I would not have thought of using it since it is so much longer(5 moves). Nice find. thank you.

Allu K5

How many cubers really use ZBLL?

Another novice question by me, which is probably getting moved somewhere again.

Quoting the wiki: "ZBLL indeed sounds like a very useful step to learn, but the main reason that it is not in wide use is that it involves a massive 177 algorithms (counting inverses and mirrors are the same), or a total of 504 cases (including PLL)."

But yeah, browsed the wiki for few hours and saw ZBLL there with ~500 algs

So, how many cubers do know all of the algs and use them efficiently?

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks Antoine :)

I used Antoine's 2GLL list except for the Sunes which I learned from the wiki and generated a few myself with Cube Explorer. After 2GLL, I started learning The Diag cases which I'm almost done with and the rest are my COLLs, alts, and different manipulations of those such as mirrors inverses and others, that I've learned to recognize when to use.

Edit: Also, If you don't want to learn many I would recommend sticking with a small subset, because you don't want to waste time trying to recognize a case you don't know.