• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubik's Cube sightings in media

CiaranBeahan

WCA
2012BEAH01
Well this is weird. I emailed RTE(Radio, Teiliffiese, Eirínn. Eng. Radio, Television, Ireland) And they emailed back almost straight away. Apparently I'm on a radio show at 9 o'clock. Which is an hour and 15 minutes after I emailed! Currently twenty past 8 and I'm on just after 9! Good Luck to me!

Ltsurge

Well this is weird. I emailed RTE(Radio, Teiliffiese, Eirínn. Eng. Radio, Television, Ireland) And they emailed back almost straight away. Apparently I'm on a radio show at 9 o'clock. Which is an hour and 15 minutes after I emailed! Currently twenty past 8 and I'm on just after 9! Good Luck to me!

Good luck to you too :)

LucidCuber

WCA
2006AUST01

http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1:20620709:0::

"Do you peel the stickers"

They will never stop with this will they :D

Great interview!

Last edited:

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Great interview, congrats!

Cubeologist

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

Great interview. And it sounds like you're going to have a follow-up with them as well. Congratulations and great job spreading the word about our hobby!

CiaranBeahan

WCA
2012BEAH01

Evan Liu

WCA
2009LIUE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

cubizh

WCA
2014GOME07
YouTube
Visit Channel

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
http://www.whio.com/news/news/xenia-teen-wins-rubiks-cube-us-championship/ngtLR/
"On Sunday, Brads set a North American record of 5.97 seconds for solving one side of the 3x3 cube."

PLEASE! WHEN CAN WE HAVE THE FACEPALM SMILEY BACK!?!?!?!

That is such a huge fail. Those noncubers...

I have one that might be almost as bad: http://www.dailylocal.com/general-news/20140719/with-rubiks-cube-pa-boy-is-outta-sight

"At competitions, players sometimes rub the cubes in sand so that the pieces won’t stick as they are moved." Seriously, RUBBING IN SAND?!?! The writer should realize that this destroys plastic. I only have one guess on where they got this idea. They were probably told that we modify our cubes by sanding them down. So, apparently, sanding down = rubbing in sand.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
"At competitions, players sometimes rub the cubes in sand so that the pieces won’t stick as they are moved." Seriously, RUBBING IN SAND?!?! The writer should realize that this destroys plastic. I only have one guess on where they got this idea. They were probably told that we modify our cubes by sanding them down. So, apparently, sanding down = rubbing in sand.

Well, might not be that far off. I think I remember people around 2004-2006 or so actually using sand in their cubes to break them in.