• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 9.32 Avg of 5

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, but specifically he is looking for a reason for me to be faking and thus he is finding perfectly logically explainable things as suspect.
No, there are several of us who think it could be fake. So all of us are just specifically looking for a reason for it to be fake? nope. That's *you* putting words into our mouths, something you shouldn't do.

Also Kir, it is incredibly late here and that is way I do not feel like writing a crazy long response to quell your curiosities. We live in completely different parts of the world dude, you can't expect me to cater to you immediately every time, especially not when you are making nothing more that suppositional and highly interpretable claims such as my solve just /look/ fake. Why should I waste my time on that?
Um, where did Kirjava say "you must respond to my points immediately"? Again, putting words into people's mouths.

Litz

If you need an unbiased response: The way you react to criticism make you look very suspicious. From your responses alone one could come to the conclusion that you faked your video. I haven't even watched the video yet (will do that now) and I'm almost convinced you cheated. Stay rational and address other people's points, otherwise you do more harm than good.
This is exactly how I feel about this and I didn't watch the video yet.

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you need an unbiased response: The way you react to criticism make you look very suspicious. From your responses alone one could come to the conclusion that you faked your video. I haven't even watched the video yet (will do that now) and I'm almost convinced you cheated. Stay rational and address other people's points, otherwise you do more harm than good.

Fair point, but how would you react if you spent hours you really didn't have trying to make a video for people who were questioning your character only to have them do it again the moment you provide proof of it. Also, If you read my resonses they all make logical arguments aside from my admitted rant on page 3. And I am not required to be level headed all of the time or to just respond in a pure question answer format and if you think I am then your wrong. This is a forum not an essay or a quiz.

Also this is not the first time this has happend it happens all the time and it is very insulting and frustrating. I think I deserve the right to not be perfectly calm all the time when I am often treated very poorly on a forum where I am just here to help people.

Last edited:

jskyler91

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok guys, I am outty, I need to sleep (going on 20+ hours without sleep now), please read my responses carefully as I think you will see that my arguments are very sound and Kirs are purely suppositional. I will not be opening this thread again as I do not want to deal with being attacked for hours on end. Make up your own minds but I am going to go on with my life and keep trying to help out those who want it and posting vids of my averages when I make them. If you think I am a fake then fine, but really think about it, why would i try and fake something like this knowing how cynical and skeptical of me you all are? And if I did fake it don't you think I would have put more time into trying to make it look "real"?

O and yes Joey I do think you all came into this video thinking I was faking it as I think many people do when they see a sub 10 average. The problem is with most people you aren't looking at their vids like you and so many others on this forum do with everything i post i.e. with a magnifying glass and a fine tooth comb. So when you saw mine you were instantly looking for a reason to discredit it and found perfectly normal things and tried to say they were signs of fraud.

Last edited:

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What points do you have?

How about all the points I made in reply to all of yours? You know, that big post that you quoted then completely ignored for some reason?

O and yes I do think that at least 2000 people have at 1 point or another achieved this average. Probably not much more but ya, a sub ten average of 5 is not that hard impossible. Maybe not necesarrily a low sub 10 but sub 10 in general. The point I was making was that its a little ridiculous to think that I would do all of this just for you or to make people like me. If you don't think my solves look real than you are not paying nearly enough attention to the pauses I do make and the many lock ups due to my rushing and getting excited from how good the solves where or my hesitations and near U/U's as I almost over turned from getting jittery. Also, please try these solves yourself, they are not hard so getting sub 10 on them was easy. Especially the 3rd solve that was a give away double x to any competent CN solver and it ended with two lucky pairs, I bet you if that had been a white cross most solvers would have done excellently on it.

Is this you leaving the conversation?

Sorry for butting in, but just stop arguing. jskyler, you said you wouldn't continue the conversation anymore and Kirjava, you have stated your opinion more than once in this thread. None of you have enough proof to support your points.

This always happens when I state my opinion and it gets ignored. I have to reiterate. I agree, it's annoying.

Let's hear the opinions of other people.

Would like this :3

Yes, but specifically he is looking for a reason for me to be faking and thus he is finding perfectly logically explainable things as suspect.

Most of the things I've listed were actually pointed out by other members.

Its possible to come up with reasons why anything could be fake but just because you say its possible doesn't make it so and especially if you come in wanting to believe something you will find a way.

I know that it's possible. I was worried about that this was happening too. But it's gotten to the point when I have been convinced otherwise.

You guys are disecting my solves down to the point that even my slight pauses due to loosing my place are seen as definitive proof that I cheated

At what point did anyone say that pauses you had are definite proof?

You are continually making things up. I have stated multiple times that none of this is actual proof.

Preteding thing have happened which have not is a serious loss to your credibility.

I mean come on, yes I could be conducting a massive scene to fool you all or.. I could have lost my place. Which one is more likely. In all of the examples you guys have given of my fakeness it is always still more likely that I was telling the truth and only a chance that I was cheating yet you immediately assume that the less likely thing is true? How is that a proper form of assessment?

No, it looks very likely that you are cheating.

Also Kir, it is incredibly late here and that is way I do not feel like writing a crazy long response to quell your curiosities.

I have already said that we have stated our opinions and should just let others decide. You've already said you will stop, then you didn't.

We live in completely different parts of the world dude, you can't expect me to cater to you immediately every time

I don't. Stop making thing up. I already told you you don't need to say anything else. Your actions are really discrediting you.

especially not when you are making nothing more that suppositional and highly interpretable claims such as my solve just /look/ fake. Why should I waste my time on that?

Free free to not do. I have not claimed that my posts are anything more than conjecture. I urge others to make up their own minds.

Apparently my improvement is frowned upon in this forum.

We're not doing this because it's you. We're doing this because of what it is.

I think you will see that my arguments are very sound and Kirs are purely suppositional.

I have not denied that my arguments are suppositional. I never stated that they were outright proof.

And if I did fake it don't you think I would have put more time into trying to make it look "real"?

So you agree that it looks a bit sketchy? :D

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
but how would you react if you spent hours you really didn't have trying to make a video for people who were questioning your character

I wouldn't have a reaction, because I would never do this, and I imagine the same is true for the person you quoted. I think you are caring a little too much about what people on the internet think of you.

And yes, the word "little" is an understatement.

So you agree that it looks a bit sketchy? :D

I lol'd

aronpm

just watched this

100% fake

edit: well except the 12 that wasn't fake

Last edited:

cowabunga

This is how you know you're doing something right.

OK Captain Hindsight.

I'm too much of a newbie to tell if he had practiced the scrambles beforehand...
After reading all of this I think Skyler is way too defensive and Kir make sense in his arguments.

Last edited:

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This looks like it could be one of several things, but I think the most likely is that you prepared the beginnings of solves rather than practising the whole thing. Your starts are way way too fast compared to the rest of your solves. I'm not sure how much you practised the ends (if you did), especially since in the 7 second solve, if you had finished with U' R U' R' rather than R U2 R' you'd have the 6 move P OLL, although overall the smoothness of the solve seems misplaced with your turning. The beginning of the first solve was ridiculous. The transitions in that 8 were also pretty suspect, especially between the 2nd and 3rd pair, but also the last pair until finish. The last two look a bit more like what I'd expect. It's weird, the solves remind me of Garzon :p

Also btw, in that 4th solve where you do R' F U' F' R, you ought to have done: R' F U' R F' U', setting you up nicely for the next two pairs. Remember that the further away in a solve you are from the 'most solved' point of the cube that each trick works on, the more you can adapt it.

Whatever though, this is just the internet. Record some more solves (avg12, or even a low quality avg50, regardless of how fast it is) if you feel obliged to defend yourself, but at the end of the day the onus of proof is on people accusing you (like me) - so you aren't obliged to respond.

Protip: in the future, you can shut down negative responses with about 1 sentence.

JonnyWhoopes

Premium Member
WCA
2011GRAY02
YouTube
Visit Channel
jskyler, when attempting to defend yourself in the future, try doing what Kir has been doing. Identify the points made against you, and respond to them in short brief sections. If you strive to do this, you'll ramble less, insult people less, and keep track of what has ACTUALLY been said. Responding in the manners that you have only makes you look guilty.

NSKuber

WCA
2011OBLA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I enjoyed reading the whole thread.
It was like a detective story, where Kir is Holmes and jskyler is a criminal. In the beginning everything seems normal, but to the end criminal is almost broken :)
Thank you guys.
P.S. Still I don't get it how can he rehearse solve if scramble is generated by CCT right after finishing previous one and he is scrambling correctly?

Last edited:
WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I enjoyed reading the whole thread.
It was like a detective story, where Kir is Holmes and jskyler is a criminal. In the beginning everything seems normal, but to the end criminal is almost broken :)
Thank you guys.
P.S. Still I don't get it how can he rehearse solve if scramble is generated by CCT right after finishing previous one and he is scrambling correctly?

You can import scrambles into CCT.

MWilson

Anyway back on topic. What is that thing in the red silk lined box? Looks like some sort of super hairdryer?

It looks a lot like an ocarina

On (off?) topic, I think the solves look reasonable when you consider the extremely thorough F2L videos he made. Also notice the finger tricks in those videos and how they perfectly match this video. Those videos were posted ten months ago, and with the dedication and passion that jskyler obviously has, I don't think it's unreasonable to become that fluent at a F2L style that he already had over a period of ten months. I learn a new F2L trick here and there, and it causes pauses initially while I recall it, but after a week or so it becomes automatic during look ahead and a natural part of the solve. A lot can be done in ten months.

On top of that, this is clearly stated multiple times to be an abnormally fast average.

Lastly, I went through the reconstructions and the XCrosses line up pretty much with what he talks about in his XCross videos. Also worth mentioning is the more recent avoiding rotations.

The solves do look such that one may squint their eyes and stroke their chin, yes. However, when I consider that ere these videos jskyler has shown to have the knowledge necessary to do what he did here, and that he has had that knowledge for such long periods of time, to have arrived at a point where he can perform it all fluently after lengthy warm up in a near PB after months of dedicated practice is not unreasonable.

Really though, who knows. Half the videos on this forum could be fake for all we know. I'm just thankful for the reconstructions and potential learning opportunities. The drama and rage I've seen in this thread triggered me to save jskyler's videos offline in case his youtube disappears suddenly.

Meep

WCA
2008ASIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
O and yes I do think that at least 2000 people have at 1 point or another achieved this average. Probably not much more but ya, a sub ten average of 5 is not that hard impossible.

Just to throw it out there, only 71 people have officially gotten a sub-10 average. Yes, more people could have achieved it unofficially, but the 1000th official average is 13.70.

This is just me personally, but I've gotten many low 12.xx averages of 12 and have never had a sub-10 average of 5 before. Having gotten a decent amount of sub-10 singles unofficially, it's definitely possible to get enough of them in a row to get said sub-10 average of 5. It's possible, but unlikely. Just estimating from said experienced unlikeliness, I'd imagine the number of people who've gotten a sub-10 average of 5 to be much less than 1000. It's not very concrete justification, though.

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
^ Keep in mind that he thinks thousands of people have had a sub-9.32 avg5, not just sub 10.

thissssssss

The overly defensive attitude and multiple ways of saying the same thing make it more suspicious than anything.

Last edited: