• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

suushie_maniac's BLD database - one application for all your letterpair needs

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
Hey all,

I'm glad to announce my newly created BLD database :D It's an application for everything related to BLD algorithms and letterpairs, here are some screenshots:
12/24 NEW! Major rewrite in JavaFX!
This also allows for an online version, however I'm having troubles compiling it. Some of the more experienced Java users please have a look here: StackOverflow

8h09jMV.png

The main screen. Use the mouse wheel while hovering over the letters to cycle through them.

xZpfQfn.png

Commutator input with setup moves and cancelation detection! Hint: Use SHIFT+Add-Button to enter an algorithm in non-commutator-form ;)

rYFaP7Q.png

Custom color selection with even more colors than thecubicle.us :)

Detailed features list: (12/24 NEW!)
  • Draws small rectangles in the pieces' colors!
  • Custom lettering schemes! Custom letters and symbols like Ô, Ê, <, * and others also supported!
  • Detects and shows inverses for already entered cases!
  • Detects "impossible" cycles! (like UFR to RUF)
  • Letter pair image support!
  • Update and delete algorithms!
  • Practice via the "Hide" button!
  • And the best of it all: DATABASES! Export your own algorithms to share them with your fellow cubers or import and have a look at the algorithms of all the WR holders! 12/24 NEW The database format has changed. Please download this tool and run it in the same folder where your "BLDtrainer.h2.db" (rename if necessary) is located.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28414024/BLD-DB-fx.jar
12/24 NEW The database format has changed. Please download this tool and run it in the same folder where your "BLDtrainer.h2.db" (rename if necessary) is located.

Please either report any error to me via PM (with a little description so that I can try to reconstruct them) or keep them for your personal error/bug collection :D

Enjoy, and happy cubing!
suushie_maniac

P.S.: If anyone is interested in the source code (Java), feel free to ask for it. But beware, I'm not a professional programmer and thus the code might be completely over-complicated...

Attachments

• main screen.png
    main screen.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 59
  • comm input.png
    comm input.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 44
  • color select.png
    color select.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

suushiemaniac

WCA
2012BILL01
Basically yes, but I have no idea how to realise this. I can write a separate export function for the database, but I have no webserver or any online programming experience whatsoever o_O
The program is written in Java FYI