• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Printable Rubik's Cube Guides (PDFs for 2x2x2 - 5x5x5)

Portponky

One improvement that might be nice is if the notation sections on the 3x3 showed the normal cube as a reference so you can see what changes between that and the move. This would be handy for things like x and y where the centres change.

AndyK

Premium Member
One improvement that might be nice is if the notation sections on the 3x3 showed the normal cube as a reference so you can see what changes between that and the move. This would be handy for things like x and y where the centres change.

I agree, but I previously decided to cut the normal cube bc fitting it in messed up the symmetry. I was hoping that people would use the normal cube on the previous page (on the lower right) as a reference. I will look at this again and try to add it however.

I'm no authority on Bld, but I think a few of the setup/unsetup moves need a double check.

Good job though.

Thanks, if you see any specific setups that need fixin' please send me a message or something. I just checked about a dozen setup moves at random and didn't find any mistakes, though I acknowledge that there may be some errors I haven't found yet. Once I confirm there are no errors I will eventually take that guide out of its status as a 'draft' (I note on my webpage that there may be minor errors in that guide). I actually don't like that guide much because I feel that some of the memory methods I suggest are unpopular ones. IDK, hopefully it is helpful for some people.

LOVE THIS!!! I just can't believe Dan Harris' website it down. It was a little better than your site for 3x3x3 LL algs because it had interactive java apps.

kappa011

What about us, lefties?

Great topic, incredibly useful stuff, thanks a lot Andy.

A small sugestion, though, how about making a similar 3x3x3 guide for left-handed solvers? You know, with L-instead-of-R based moves...

I could easily "translate" the algo's, but it would be nice to put it all together in a quick-ref guide like the other ones here...

Cheers.

AndyK

Premium Member
Great topic, incredibly useful stuff, thanks a lot Andy.

A small sugestion, though, how about making a similar 3x3x3 guide for left-handed solvers? You know, with L-instead-of-R based moves...

I could easily "translate" the algo's, but it would be nice to put it all together in a quick-ref guide like the other ones here...

Cheers.

Ooo, I like the idea. If you are willing to translate the algs I can make the alterations to the guide. I'll send you a PM on the details

AndyK

Premium Member
When will the 3x3x3 blindfolded guide be available?

It is mostly ready, I'll send you a PM if you would like to revise it and tell me what you think. The guide is written assuming that you have an understanding of blindfold solving and is more of a worksheet

kappa011

Lefties...

Great!

A couple of hours and a decent headache later, the "translation" is over - I have used "andy-klise-3x3x3-speedcubing-guide-v4.pdf" as a starting point.

The algs are packed in the same order, let's hope no mistakes are made during the process.

Text files containing both left-hand and right-hand based algs are sent over to Andy. His full-blown release is due in about a month or so.

Thanks again, Andy.

Last edited:

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Andy, I need to make a few guides of my own. I'm planning on conducting cubin workshops out here. Could you tell me how you generated the OLL and PLL images? I'm having quite a hard time with iCube as well :/

Try VisualCube. That looks quite useful, but I think you need Winzip or something simular installed to be able to use it.

AndyK

Premium Member
Try VisualCube. That looks quite useful, but I think you need Winzip or something simular installed to be able to use it.

Yeah, visualcube is the best cube generator. You actually don't have to use anything other than your browser to generate the cubes however, it runs all through a simple URL. Just start with
Code:
http://cube.crider.co.uk/visualcube.php?size=150&pzl=3
and then construct your cube using the parameters at the bottom of the VisualCube page

AndyK

Premium Member
Wondering when you will make the M2/3OP printable sheets. Looking forward to them. If possible, could you include memo techniques?

Alrighty, the M2/3OP guide is finally published! You can check it out here: http://www.kungfoomanchu.com/#333blindfold. The guide is meant to help you learn the basic memorization, algorithms and setup moves required for M2/3OP. It is NOT meant for people that do not already know how to solve the Rubik's cube blindfolded or are not familiar with the basic concepts of M2/3OP. To get a primer for M2/3OP, please check out either Eric Limeback's videos or Thrawst's videos and then come back to my guide which should help you memorize all the concepts and algorithms required for M2/3OP. I also created a second part of the guide, which is just 4 walkthrough solves. I hope there aren't any errors but please send me a private message if you find any.

As an extra bonus, I now have a lefty version of my 3x3x3 speedcubing guide thanks to the help of kappa011. You can check it out here: http://www.kungfoomanchu.com/#333speedcubing

Last edited:

lex

Amazing. Comprehensive. And most of all simple. I really like that these guides are organized in complete pages. Information is beautifully fitted onto these pages make these the best guides! They are the cleanest way to move algorithms from the internet onto paper.

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quite like the Pyraminx Keyhole method sheet; I'm learning from that. I've been looking to switch from LBL, so it's great timing.

AndyK

Premium Member
Amazing. Comprehensive. And most of all simple. I really like that these guides are organized in complete pages. Information is beautifully fitted onto these pages make these the best guides! They are the cleanest way to move algorithms from the internet onto paper.

Thanks man, best comment I've gotten yet :)

Quite like the Pyraminx Keyhole method sheet; I'm learning from that. I've been looking to switch from LBL, so it's great timing.

Glad you like it, I experimented with the look of those cubes and gave them a little bit more fun design

lex

Heya AndyK!
This going to be about something i noticed on the oll sheet for 3x3.

67312634.png

The oll algorithm for this one is switched. I have an older version saved from awhile back and I see that you rearranged the oll to be more spatially intuitive( looks better to me now :D). But just for the P-Shapes the old version made sense compared to this new one. Just as a suggestion :0, maybe try the old version? i like the rest this newer arrangement though like the I shapes. Thanks again!

Last edited: