• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

daniel0731ex

Anyone have any information on the "C III" from speedcubeshop?

http://www.speedcubeshop.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1466166thats the link

Edit: also it appears that the "C II" is not the same as the C II i have. can someone verify if it is or isn't the C II?
the c-iii is just a c-1.5. I don't know exactly what the c-iii is, but cameron has some of his products mixed up (such as the c4u core, which is portrayed as a light brown color).

fix'd.

the "CII" looks like either a 1.3 or 1.4....

Anyone have any information on the "C III" from speedcubeshop?

http://www.speedcubeshop.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1466166thats the link

Edit: also it appears that the "C II" is not the same as the C II i have. can someone verify if it is or isn't the C II?
the c-ii is just a c-1.5. I don't know exactly what the c-iii is, but cameron has some of his products mixed up (such as the c4u core, which is portrayed as a light brown color).

I read somewhere that it's supposed to be a JSK clone KO. although im not sure how true this is.

also if you have a C 1.5 could you tell me your thoughts on it?

the Type C 1.5 is neither a clone nor a KO. It's just that their caps have similar designs.
This cube, and all the other C1s, are basically the same except that the center designs are different. It does not have any effect of the feel or the performance or anything, but just that some is more sturdy than the other.

apparently when Cameron starts selling the CIIs he's gonna call them C4s....:p

Last edited:

Senkoy

Ok. So yj or maru 4x4, meffert's for the minxes. I.ll do some research. Thanks guys!

Off topic: does this tournament format exist? Solver is blindfolded and partner tells him how to solve without touching himself the cube. I recall reading f2l algo codes on some site for this kinda thing long ago, so I thought i'd ask. A friend and i were bored so we decided to do this and then i remembered about that site... Anyway, thanks a ton guys!

I'm sure that would make the officials uncomfortable. :p

theace

WCA
2010RAOA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok. So yj or maru 4x4, meffert's for the minxes. I.ll do some research. Thanks guys!

Off topic: does this tournament format exist? Solver is blindfolded and partner tells him how to solve without touching himself the cube. I recall reading f2l algo codes on some site for this kinda thing long ago, so I thought i'd ask. A friend and i were bored so we decided to do this and then i remembered about that site... Anyway, thanks a ton guys!

I'm sure that would make the officials uncomfortable. :p
lol. never realized the incorrect word order!

nobody got the joke?
Not really. Please explain

demma

WCA
2011LAMA02
Hi, im new in the community and im not a speedcuber (sub 50 in 3x3x3 and learning friedrich), i just play with them. I have a rubik 3x3x3, rubik 4x4x4 and a vcube 5. Im going to order a bunch in Lightake very soon. I decide to order some FII and a AV to test, also a 4x4x4 miniQJ, a pyramix, lanlan 2x2x2, magic, hollow and some other stuff. My question is about a 3x3x3 for a friend. She never solve the cube but she has a very very bad cube and I want to give her one. Here in Argentina a Rubik is about u$s 22 so I think is better to get one with my order. I think about an FII but I never touch one so I dont know if its ok for someone who is not even try finger tricks. I want to know about a type which is better than rubik but also easy to play with.
Thanks in advance!

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi.
So, I haven't bought a cube...in a year?

Firstly, let me state the following:
-I was in desperate love with my Translucent Blue type C, and I plan on getting one again, at the very least for OH.
-I'm only buying 3x3s.
-I prefer blue, but after that, black, then pink, then white. (I'm at least getting one pink, though :p)
-I plan to order all of my puzzles from lightake.
-I currently am using a white Edison. It makes me a sad statue.
-If there is a dark color of a cube, I will not be ordering the white, unless someone tells me it is SUPER SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.
-I'm looking to pay ~50 bucks to try out whatever cubes seem cool these days.

Also, erm, how long do lightake orders usually take to ship? (I know it's rather new, but I figure it should be the same time as popbuying?)

Thanks a bunch, I'll probably order within the next week. :)

WastedMeerkat

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok so im gong to buy a few cues this week for 3x3 sould i get a dayan II or ghosthand II?
GHII, or FII if you haven't already got one.
Hi.
So, I haven't bought a cube...in a year?

Firstly, let me state the following:
-I was in desperate love with my Translucent Blue type C, and I plan on getting one again, at the very least for OH.
-I'm only buying 3x3s.
-I prefer blue, but after that, black, then pink, then white. (I'm at least getting one pink, though :p)
-I plan to order all of my puzzles from lightake.
-I currently am using a white Edison. It makes me a sad statue.
-If there is a dark color of a cube, I will not be ordering the white, unless someone tells me it is SUPER SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER.
-I'm looking to pay ~50 bucks to try out whatever cubes seem cool these days.

Also, erm, how long do lightake orders usually take to ship? (I know it's rather new, but I figure it should be the same time as popbuying?)

Thanks a bunch, I'll probably order within the next week. :)

FII, Haiyan Memory (or buy an Alpha V and mod it yourself if you're confident and want to save money), Dayan Gu Hong (<coming to many shops in the next couple weeks)

daniel0731ex

Get a Haiyan or a AIIIF for OH, and check out the GuHong if you want to try it (though i think there's no need unless you're really interested).

You could also get a transparent pink Type C....but just like the GuHong, don't waste money on this unless you are REALLY insterested.

PS: GuHong is already on Lightake.

JMember

does anyone here have the Guhong and an FII? Those are the cubes I'm buying soon and I don't know whicho one is better =.=

Sune

I would like to hear opinions of people who actually used good old A/D hybrid and liked it.

I haven't been cubing for a long time, and my favourite cube back then was D type with A core. Things I particularly liked in it: pop resistance 101%, very fast, but very controllable (doesn't overshoot, easy to do M,U-moves). It performed very well at high tension, greatly reducing lockups, but, sadly, also reducing corner-cutting.

So, what cube should I get, which has the same "feel" as D/A hybrid? I would also like a bit more corner-cutting, if possible. I also have some noname DS 222 knockoff, it's similar in properties as well as in hardware (thick screws), but it's white, and I want black.

What about:
1. (the cube you switched to from D/A)?
2. Type-C?
3. AV / Memory?
4. Just another hybrid with D or C cubies? (I still have D centers and A core, tried JSK cubies in it, it's even faster, but overshoots)