• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Search Engine

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now as a lot of people are getting pissed about, there are a lot of repetitive questions thrown around in this forum. Now I don't ussualy get angry when I see repetitve threads, but today, it got to me. So I went on to the search engine to look for the millions of threads im positive are present here about a CRC question, and I failed to find more than one thread about it. Now that being said, I can't say I can get pissed at someone new here, not knowing of all the threads with nearly identical titles.(Or at least not as much) I can also say that personally, I've never found much with the search tool, and with my experience if I put in a term included in thread title, I'd often find that nobody had ever made that thread prior, and if I didn't know better, make plenty of CRC, and type A, and other threads that generally **** people off.

Now for a specific; I bet there are upwards of 50 threads about CRC Heavy Duty Silicone in this forum, yet I could find merely one. It's either my lack of knowledge(if so then some sort of guide to using it would be in order), or it's that the search function is defficient. Please share your search tool skills, or confirm my suspicions. Thanks.

minsarker

I think its because most of those CRC questions are answered in thread with titles that are lube questions so they dont have CRC in the title

I dont know, but still, a question like how to lube or what lube can easily be googled or youtube in my opinion.

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Then perhaps we should use a google powered search engine on speedsolving? I've had good results with that now that I think of it. Whenever i put something speedsolving related into google, I get speedsolving.com in my results all the time.

Odin

WCA
2009RODR02
YouTube
Visit Channel

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think almost everyone understand that it is not smart to serch for "crc" it is to specific search for lubricant or silicone etc.

On the contrary, if that were something I believed true, than I would also say that almost everyone knew what kinds of things are asked every single day, and this doesn't seem to be the case.

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can find stuff on youtube about it too...

I know there are few threads about stuff people ask about...but if they LOOKED AROUND, they could find some stuff that would satisfy their questions.
Yeah I'm sure you're snapping on the same user that I am, Mr. CRC of course....I've never tweaked before, but he did it, he really did.

WCA
2008HERR01
You can find stuff on youtube about it too...

I know there are few threads about stuff people ask about...but if they LOOKED AROUND, they could find some stuff that would satisfy their questions.
Yeah I'm sure you're snapping on the same user that I am, Mr. CRC of course....I've never tweaked before, but he did it, he really did.

Seriously, no offense to him...but he is just DULL. Why won't he just listen to people and try SEARCHING.

minsarker

Its not the repetitive questions that **** people off. Its the fact that you give someone a video, and without watching it they'll ask questions on stuff answered in the video or make new threads asking new questions that were answered in the previous thread THEY posted.

minsarker

Hahahaha, you guys know what I mean

That "guy" who asked about lubrication had his questions answered in a matter of a few minutes but he followed up with a few questions, which is not bad. Then after a few more replies he asks the same first question again. Then we clarify and give him a video. He asks questions on how the guy in the video did something but it was a video....

Then he'll post a new thread asking questions thats are some new and some already answered in his previous thread. Then we give him more stuff and the cycle continues.

Catch my drift?

Leviticus

So this is now a venting thread, rofl.

I hate Regisiew. RASENGAN

Rasengan.jpg

But seriously, i hate no-one. Give me a hug.