• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
You either have two pieces swapped somewhere else on the cube, or you need to take apart your cube and swap two pieces. That is an impossible case to get.
Or if it's 4x4, r2 U2 r2 Uw2 r2 u2, then U perm.

lol, PLL parity + U perm doesn't swap 2 corners.

@caters, you have a Ga perm. Do a U' from the position you described.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that you can only have one logo on a cube to compete with it. But I's stickering a White force cube Cyclone boys cube and the logos can't come off of the centers so that means all 6 centers have the logos. In this pic http://imgur.com/dB3Rc1x you can see the logos through the Yellow and Orange centers. Will this have an effect if I want to use this cube in a comp?

GuRoux

WCA
2014TANG03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that you can only have one logo on a cube to compete with it. But I's stickering a White force cube Cyclone boys cube and the logos can't come off of the centers so that means all 6 centers have the logos. In this pic http://imgur.com/dB3Rc1x you can see the logos through the Yellow and Orange centers. Will this have an effect if I want to use this cube in a comp?

maybe you could try replacing those center caps with another cube's.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Those can easily be covered up by good quality stickers. That's what I did with mine and you can't see the center logos at all.

xsolver

How to get used to the speed of the cube? I guess its something that comes with practice? My first speedcube arrived yesterday, i did like 100 solves and in some cases it can just slide out of my hands.. But on the other side tho, i got some ~30, 35 second solves while i averaged arround 45.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to get used to the speed of the cube? I guess its something that comes with practice? My first speedcube arrived yesterday, i did like 100 solves and in some cases it can just slide out of my hands.. But on the other side tho, i got some ~30, 35 second solves while i averaged arround 45.

Technically, yes practicing will help but if the cube is sliding out of your hands then that means that the cube you are using might be too fast for you. The best thing to do would be to get a slower cube. The more practical solution is to over lube the cube you are using. That will make it slower and more controllable for you.

QQW

WCA
2014WANG26
Question: I am going to a competition(WCA) tomorrow(I know, should have asked earlier) and i am participating in 3x3 and 3x3OH. I would like to now if I have to bring 2 cubes or would one be enough? I only have 1 good speedcube and on the WCA rules it said that the staff might require you to submit your cube at the beginning of the competition. What could I do about that? Is it a problem?

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question: I am going to a competition(WCA) tomorrow(I know, should have asked earlier) and i am participating in 3x3 and 3x3OH. I would like to now if I have to bring 2 cubes or would one be enough? I only have 1 good speedcube and on the WCA rules it said that the staff might require you to submit your cube at the beginning of the competition. What could I do about that? Is it a problem?

It all depends on if you really like useing that cube for both 3x3 and 3x3OH. Also I would recommend bringing both just in case one of them can't be used. Also you are required to bring and use your own cube.

TinaIsAwesome

WCA
2012BLAC02
YouTube
Visit Channel

From my experience that should not be a problem unless both events are being held at the same time. Even so, what usually happens at competitions is that the organizers will ask you to bring up you puzzle when the specific event is called not at the beginning of the entire competition. Again, this is just my experience and I would recommend you bring two cubes just in case.

xsolver

Technically, yes practicing will help but if the cube is sliding out of your hands then that means that the cube you are using might be too fast for you. The best thing to do would be to get a slower cube. The more practical solution is to over lube the cube you are using. That will make it slower and more controllable for you.

I dont think that the YJ ChiLong is a really fast cube, so i doubt that thats the problem. I guess the experience is doing its work, ive been cuber for almost a month and my previous cube was no name that could corner cut 2 degrees. Im finishing schools in like 2 weeks, ill try to do 100+ solves everyday just to get used to the speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.