• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkwell

I disagree, bad habits come naturally through practice. Trying to look for special finger-tricky ways to do algorithms, learning ways to do frequent moves fast is something you should read and try to learn, and it doesn't come naturally.
For example, doing R' U R' really fast is something I learned by reading somewhere, it's done by placing the right hand index finger on the DBR corner and the right hand thumb on the UR edge, then while doing the R' turn you have to push with the index finger so even before you finish the first R' turn, the U turn will happen quickly and once it's done you continue to do the R' turn so you get R' U R' which feels like you did just an R2.
I personally would have never picked that up by myself just from practice, it's something I read which helped me a lot.

Loved that R' U R' tip, do you have any more like it for F2L?

aznanimedude

don't necessarily need mods actually apparently
but...if you feel the inner layers are locking up a bit and wanna smoothen that out a bit, you can konsta mod it, which basically rounds off the internal pieces so they don't lock up against each other when you turn inner layers. I haven't gotten around to florian modding mine, which basically gives it smoother 3x3 stage, but i have a v3 and i haven't heard much about how well it works on a v4, although i don't know how much of a difference there is between the 2 that the mod would work well for one and not for the other

aznanimedude

you can do it at home really
if you have like a nail file you can use that
took me like...10-15 minutes tops to do it
just don't go too overboard, just do a little at a time, if it doesn't still feel as good as you want, shave a little bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.