Page 102 of 3513 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 202 602 1102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 35125

Thread: The One Answer Question Thread

  1. #1011
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wk View Post
    If the cube ends up in this state, is it considered as DNF?
    I believe even this wouldn't be DNF:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5175/dsc00879bg.jpg

    However, this would:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1466/dsc00880by.jpg

  2. #1012
    Babby
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    WCA Profile
    2008KINN01
    YouTube
    RowanKinneavy
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wk View Post
    If the cube ends up in this state, is it considered as DNF?
    I believe even this wouldn't be DNF:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5175/dsc00879bg.jpg

    However, this would:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1466/dsc00880by.jpg
    Incorrect. Both are DNF. Your puzzle is not complete.
    I like cats.

  3. #1013
    Premium Member Muesli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    WCA Profile
    2009SMIT05
    YouTube
    musli4brekkies
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
    how do you order a cubesmith order from prizerebel(im not advertising)
    i gave them the link to the cart but they said they want the links to the items but there isn't a link for each item?
    what should i do?
    ty
    Cubesmith really isn't all that expensive. Couldn't you use your points (or whatever they use on that site) for something else?
    My team sucks.

  4. #1014
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wk View Post
    If the cube ends up in this state, is it considered as DNF?
    I believe even this wouldn't be DNF:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5175/dsc00879bg.jpg

    However, this would:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1466/dsc00880by.jpg
    Incorrect. Both are DNF. Your puzzle is not complete.
    10d) All pieces of a puzzle must be fully attached to the puzzle, and in their required positions. Exceptions: see Article 5 Puzzle defects.

    5a) Puzzle defects are defects of puzzles, like: pieces popping, wires breaking, screws/caps/stickers falling off.

    5b5) If, after the solve, non functional parts of the puzzle are still defect (like a centre cap of a cube) or not fully rotated (like a 5x5x5 centre piece twisted in its spot), but the puzzle is otherwise unambiguously solved, the puzzle is considered solved. (discretion of the main judge)

  5. #1015
    Babby
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    WCA Profile
    2008KINN01
    YouTube
    RowanKinneavy
    Posts
    3,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wk View Post
    If the cube ends up in this state, is it considered as DNF?
    I believe even this wouldn't be DNF:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5175/dsc00879bg.jpg

    However, this would:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1466/dsc00880by.jpg
    Incorrect. Both are DNF. Your puzzle is not complete.
    5b5) If, after the solve, non functional parts of the puzzle are still defect (like a centre cap of a cube) or not fully rotated (like a 5x5x5 centre piece twisted in its spot), but the puzzle is otherwise unambiguously solved, the puzzle is considered solved. (discretion of the main judge)
    You could've finished the solve with two twisted corners with the first image, and a J perm with the second, surely?
    I like cats.

  6. #1016
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Escher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kxg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wk View Post
    If the cube ends up in this state, is it considered as DNF?
    I believe even this wouldn't be DNF:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5175/dsc00879bg.jpg

    However, this would:

    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1466/dsc00880by.jpg
    Incorrect. Both are DNF. Your puzzle is not complete.
    5b5) If, after the solve, non functional parts of the puzzle are still defect (like a centre cap of a cube) or not fully rotated (like a 5x5x5 centre piece twisted in its spot), but the puzzle is otherwise unambiguously solved, the puzzle is considered solved. (discretion of the main judge)
    You could've finished the solve with two twisted corners with the first image, and a J perm with the second, surely?
    Oops, yeah. Forgot the corners in first one. Put one corner in and it's solved.

    Obviously second one could be variety of things (edges flipped, corners flipped, j perm, mixture etc.). That's why I said it's not solved.

  7. #1017
    Member miniGOINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg
    WCA Profile
    2010GOIN01
    Posts
    3,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eastamazonantidote View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miniGOINGS View Post
    There are 40 COLL'S, 38 of them are not double symetric. Twelve EPLL's * 38 equals 456. The other 2 COLL's have 8 EPLL's, so 16. This added to the 456 equals 472. Plus the 21 PLL's we get 493 cases plus 1 solved for a total of 494.
    Awesome! That's what I needed. Thanks a lot!
    Thank Chris.

  8. #1018
    Member V-te's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bakersfield
    YouTube
    TheVte
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Is there a method that allows you to skip OLL and take you directly to PLL? Like an OLL ZB variation?
    "There's plenty of fish in the sea... but you shouldn't be dating fish, that's illegal" - Mr. Schultz

  9. #1019
    Premium Member 4Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lumbridge.
    YouTube
    boxxybabee
    Posts
    2,216

    Default

    ^Winter variation?
    Or Summer variation with the corners?


    My question:

    What exactly does Cyclo feel like?
    Or Tableau?

    In my area, we can't get those lubricants, so I'm very curious.
    I know Harris Chan used Cyclo in his joy cube.

    I'm curious about the details, like, how viscous it is, how it smells, and how fast it is, does it make the cube crisp? or gummy? I'm so curious! >.<
    Last edited by 4Chan; 11-10-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    woof woof ლ(;__;ლ)

  10. #1020
    Member V-te's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bakersfield
    YouTube
    TheVte
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I'm not sure. A method that goes like this.

    Cross
    F2l
    Oll skipped
    Pll-->solved
    "There's plenty of fish in the sea... but you shouldn't be dating fish, that's illegal" - Mr. Schultz

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •