• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilkdub503

WCA
2010WARR01
What's "L perm"?
Another name for J perm, perhaps?

If you don't completely know, please don't answer, otherwise you're leading people the wrong way. An L perm is a J-perm-the other one. Only in some cases is it truly an L-perm, with the corners permuted across the top. I use x U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2, which I think Weston uses as well. It just looks extra sexy-no offense to Erik's, but this is one is faster and fun to execute. The "true" L-perm is essential for Blindfolded solving using Old Pochmann (beginner).

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What's "L perm"?
Another name for J perm, perhaps?

If you don't completely know, please don't answer, otherwise you're leading people the wrong way. An L perm is a J-perm-the other one. Only in some cases is it truly an L-perm, with the corners permuted across the top. I use x U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2, which I think Weston uses as well. It just looks extra sexy-no offense to Erik's, but this is one is faster and fun to execute. The "true" L-perm is essential for Blindfolded solving using Old Pochmann (beginner).

That's a J(a) perm.

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm confused O.O

To clear it up for you: L perm = J(a) perm.
They do this:
pll08.gif

dunpeal2064

WCA
2009WHIT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick f2l question. I learned intuitive f2l, and I have gotten my times down to under 30 seconds or close to in an avg12.

my question is, would it be helpful for me to learn the algs for f2l even though I've been doing intuitive this whole time? Would it be counter-productive?

also, it takes me about 14-19 seconds to perform f2l... it is by far my worst part of fridrich. any help will be appriciated. I'm trying to get a few things down before Berkley comp.

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick f2l question. I learned intuitive f2l, and I have gotten my times down to under 30 seconds or close to in an avg12.

my question is, would it be helpful for me to learn the algs for f2l even though I've been doing intuitive this whole time? Would it be counter-productive?

also, it takes me about 14-19 seconds to perform f2l... it is by far my worst part of fridrich. any help will be appriciated. I'm trying to get a few things down before Berkley comp.

Just learn the ones that you are slow with. Also just do a slow solve, looking ahead and turning smoothly.

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Your order has been shipped from the fulfillment center. It should be delivered within 4 days (10 to 14 days for sample products sent via Air Mail).

it says sample products. what does that mean? would my main order arrive in the 10-14 days? or 4 days? or maybe 4 days is for the express shipping.... hmm

this is popbuying

Imperatrix

WCA
2010ALVA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick question about finger tricks: Is it wrong that 90% of my turns are done specifically with my right hand rather than my left because its weaker? Or should I just practice with my left instead until its equally as good as my right?

Status
Not open for further replies.