• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm currently trying to improve with the 4x4 and I have couple of questions: ¿Is there a method or a general tip for the centers? I've also developed a method by myself to pair 2 edges at the same time, but it's inneficient as hell (Mainly because of my lack of perception) and I've only improved my marks a little. ¿Any method I can use?

I've seen couple of videos with example solves but I just can't understand a thing with the way some guys explain it, ¿Is there something written about it? And also, ¿Is there a topic about this? I've searched for it and found nothing, so just in case...

tip always try to use the corners to help orient the centers of the Equator layers if you do not then during the 3x3 stage 2 of the centers will need to switch places

JasonK

Premium Member
WCA
2011KILB01
I'm sorry but I didn't understood that. ¿Do you mean to orient or permute the edges while doing the centers?

What Michael is trying (and failing) to say is that you can use the corners to remind yourself of your cube's colour scheme while doing centres. It's much better to just learn the colour scheme though.

Achifaifa

Ohh right, now I get it.

Thanks Michael, but I have to agree with WTF2L (lol), it's better to learn the color scheme (which is not difficult at all). I have no problems with that, I was just asking for general tips to do the centers faster :)

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
Do you do BLD? That should be able to help you at least remember the relative position of centers, if not of the whole cube and from different angles.

Achifaifa

Do you do BLD? That should be able to help you at least remember the relative position of centers, if not of the whole cube and from different angles.

I'm trying to learn but my memory is horrible. I'll bear that in mind tho, thank you

@Achifaifa : Stefan Pochmann has a great guide to 4x4 centres, and Chris Hardwick has a great guide to pairing edges.
I found them useful, anyway

That's awesome, thank you! :)

KJ

Hi, I have a question.
I wanna post a video to Bapao's cube giveaway, but when I try to select it in to attach, the video is grayed out.(NOTE: I do not have afacebook or youtube, because I am 10 years old, and I am using a video that I made using a mac camera)
Any suggestions on how I can post the Vid?

Lanttikasa

zhanchi tension problem.

i tried to tension my zhanchi last week. it went pretty bad, i did watch a tutorial for guhong tension and used same method for zhanchi. i didnt get the perfect tension to every side, i went side by side little by little and still some sides are very smooth and others very laggy and heavy. i tried to loose those sides but it didnt really work and if it did it would pop. i use torpedos on this. could anyone give me a quick guide or something to tension it perfect. thanks!!

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
i tried to tension my zhanchi last week. it went pretty bad, i did watch a tutorial for guhong tension and used same method for zhanchi. i didnt get the perfect tension to every side, i went side by side little by little and still some sides are very smooth and others very laggy and heavy. i tried to loose those sides but it didnt really work and if it did it would pop. i use torpedos on this. could anyone give me a quick guide or something to tension it perfect. thanks!!

Take apart your cube completely minus the centres and tighten every one down until they turn the same (not at all, basically, but with the same stiffness) Then, make a mark on every screw with a permanent marker, this is so you can keep track of your turns.

Then unscrew every side 3 360 degree turns, using your marker mark as a guide. Then reassemble your cube. If you can't, undo more, just make sure every side has an equal amount.

When your cube is fully assembled then adjust every side the same amount until your happy. It might take a while and the difference is often less than half a turn.

Good luck

Arkwell

ACube, Mac & Command Line.

Guys, being ACube works at the command line do I need any emulation software to work it on a Mac and If so what would you recommend?

skeletonboy

Tensioning takes a lot of time and study to get it right. I recommend you disassemble the whole cube, because you might have threaded the screw wrong, or done something wrong. Go slowly and inspect each piece for flaws. The tension of the springs also have a big effect on the cube. A tight spring will stiffer and hard. A normal spring would be easy to push so its fast and loose. But, I doubt that a Zhanchi comes with 2 sets of springs. Just check it again and try lubing it to see if it goes away.

ZeeK

that may happen when ur cube is dirty having like hair inside that create friction also when the lube is not spread evenly and or the tension is uneven. it also happened to me with the fII because it core sucks but the dayan core are great so...
take it all apart including the screws and clean and resemble because dirt can be and will be after a certain time inside the center pieces were the screw are.

Status
Not open for further replies.