• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just disassembled, lubed, and reassembled my Aosu. It was a pain in the ass, but I did it because I thought it wasn't that great out of the box. Now, it's still not that good. When I do any wide turn and stop at the proper alignment, I can feel the internals click. That's not a huge problem, but I feel like sometimes it locks up because of that. Also, the corner cutting sucks ass, compared to the stuff that I see in Chris's review. Outer layer corner cutting is barely line to line. Inner layer is 2/3 of a cubie. Yeah, it's bad. What's going on?

Also, are my expectations just too high for a good 4x4? Maybe I'm just expecting too much

Bump pls :p but seriously I would like to know how I could improve my cube

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My LL is around 7-8 seconds, and I average 19ish. Would working on my LL more rather than my F2L help? I know almost full PLL and half the OLLs.
You average sub-20 but don't know full PLL? Learn full PLL ASAP. After that keep drilling PLLs and try to get them faster, maybe look for alternative algs for bad cases. Learn all the easy OLLs; you don't really need the hard ones.
(they aren't even hard to learn, but they are compared to some of the very easy OLLs)

RMcDonald

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone,

I've seen a lot of cubers use (R U2 R') to insert F2L pairs instead of (R U' R'). I heard someone say this is to orient edges. Is this accurate and if so, when is it a good idea to employ this method?

Artic

This was posted in a thread somewhere but I can't find it. In terms of avg100, what is the breakdown of times for a person to be considered:

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Expert

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone,

I've seen a lot of cubers use (R U2 R') to insert F2L pairs instead of (R U' R'). I heard someone say this is to orient edges. Is this accurate and if so, when is it a good idea to employ this method?

This is actually not accurate. The only way to change the orientation of edges (without considering cube rotations) is to make an turn of the F or B face (or M, Rw etc, etc, but you get the point). Turns in the RUL group cannot affect edge orientation. The only time I use (R U2 R') is for Winter Variation case #17 to force an OLL skip. It can be used to affect EPLL and corner orientation and whatnot, but I think it really is most useful just as an easy WV case.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone,

No, it doesn't affect edge orientation. Only F/B moves can do that. They may have been thinking of multislotting, where you insert a pair slightly differently to influence the next pair, which can make your F2L more efficient. I don't know anything about using it in solves though...

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
My Aolong stickers are peeling(I'm replacing them obviously), how can I get rid of the sticky stuff behind it? Stuff like Goo Gone is not available in India where I live.

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This was posted in a thread somewhere but I can't find it. In terms of avg100, what is the breakdown of times for a person to be considered:

Beginner
Intermediate
Advanced
Expert

This is such a subjective question. It really depends on how you consider the percentile breakdowns of these groups. I'd say something rudimentary would be:

Beginner: Bottom 50% of all cubers
Intermediate: 50%-25%
Advanced:25%-5%
Expert: Top 5%

Which would put the times at, based on all WCA averages:
Beginner:Worse than 25.14
Intermediate: Between 25.14 and 18.34
Advanced: Between 18.34 and 12.68
Expert: Sub-12.68

But then again, maybe a different person would feel uncomfortable calling anyone who isn't at least sub-10 an expert. There WCA doesn't make these category distinctions, so its up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.