• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2012CHIE01
Yes they are the same, intuitive F2L.

even tho they use different algs and stuff?
like for example the first one involves first putting the corner into its correct position (not necessarily correct orientation)
but the second involves putting the corner above its correct position...
still same thing?
is one faster than the other?

And another unrelated question:
what would be the cheapest place to buy a wittwo stickerless
thanks

Last edited:

skeletonboy

even tho they use different algs and stuff?
like for example the first one involves first putting the corner into its correct position (not necessarily correct orientation)
but the second involves putting the corner above its correct position...
still same thing?
is one faster than the other?

And another unrelated question:
what would be the cheapest place to buy a wittwo stickerless
thanks

They are slightly different in teaching. Someone could say: If you get xxxx case, then perform the algorithm xxxxx.
Other people might say: First you do this xxxxx, then you do this xxxxx, then you pair it up like xxxxx then you use the algorithms xxxxx and then insert xxxxx.

Really, just different ways, intuitive F2L has variables, that's why it's called intuitive. You could do : put the corner on top of the slot and do xxxxx
Or you could do: put the corner on the top right slot and perform xxxxx.

So, people can talk like they're teaching you intuitively, but after they "talk" about the case, they just give you an algorithm.

Some people simply give you an algorithm. S

ome people can talk and talk and describe the whole video through without using case algorithms. And example of doing this is Badmephisto's video, although he might give you short insert algorithms, he speaks and teaches and performs very intuitively.

I say you just learn both of them, so you kinda get the best of both worlds. None is faster, just depends on what case you get.

skeletonboy

oooh that looks cool
maybe ill watch it later (probably tomorrow cuz its kinda late)

skeletonboy:
alright i guess that makes sense: people have different ways to do it and different ways to teach it
ill take a look at badmephisto's video to see if its very different than these 2

RiDo's Hunting Story Method is a very good way to enhance your knowledge in F2L if you're having a bad time learning F2L. It's quite fun to learn it, very clear and logical.

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
Hi, I have a question.
I wanna post a video to Bapao's cube giveaway, but when I try to select it in to attach, the video is grayed out.(NOTE: I do not have afacebook or youtube, because I am 10 years old, and I am using a video that I made using a mac camera)
Any suggestions on how I can post the Vid?

Check out THIS site. You can upload videos and pics there and link to the files from a forum, etc. Your age will not be an issue, as you don't have to register an account to use the service. I'm not sure that you will be able to embed the video here, but you will at least be able to provide a link to it.

Lanttikasa

hey, i tensioned my zhanchi a little wrong and now it wont corner cut 45 degrees. do i loose or tight the screw?

btw.. what order should i tension the cube? white first or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Loosening the screws will make it cut more. What I do is take all the cubies out and pull the center pieces away from the core and check to see how far them move... (I tend to go for about 2mm) and I check all the different sides to make sure they are about the same (having one side that is much looser than the others will mess up the tension).

Hodari

btw.. what order should i tension the cube? white first or what?
1. There's no need to double-post..please just edit your previous one instead.
2. It doesn't matter what order you tension it in. Just make sure all the sides are adjusted to the same tension. As for exactly how tight this is, it's something you'll have to play around with and figure out for yourself as it mostly comes down to personal preference.

Lanttikasa

Why would it matter what order you tension the cube? You just have to make the tensions equal. If it's not cutting well then you'll need to loosen it.

ok now i tried to loosen it but it still does not corner cut.. then also tried to retension over and over again and the red side is always too slow.. guys help me..

I recently took up speedcubing, and I really want to begin competing. My best AVG5 is 30.53 and my PB is 24.56. Would I embarrass myself? Also, Are there any competitions in the vicinity of NYC? I do not want to travel very far.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently took up speedcubing, and I really want to begin competing. My best AVG5 is 30.53 and my PB is 24.56. Would I embarrass myself? Also, Are there any competitions in the vicinity of NYC? I do not want to travel very far.

Of course you wouldn't embarrass yourself. The speedcubing community is one of the nicest out there. Competitions are a great way to have fun and meet other cubers. Go for it when you can. :D

cubeone

HELLO!!! Yesterday, while I wasn't looking, somebody switched two of the stickers on my rubiks brand 3x3. I already have a zhanchi but I like being able to have a cube that I can take with me everywhere without worrying about getting it dirty or broken. So the million dollar question: After I switched the two stickers back, they won't stay on the cube very well. How can increase the life of those peeled stickers?

Status
Not open for further replies.