• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyKGB

WCA
2012DELI01
COLL:

Can anyone please recommend a site with good current 3x3 COLL algs. After learning PLL/OLL and discovering that many of the algs I learned were from old sources, and that better algs have been since found, I wish to avoid replicating that mistake. Thanks!

Edit: I am aware of those listed in the wiki, but am just not sure how current they are.

Clicky

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I already did. Really it's hard to find the best one. There's 17 of them.
If you look at algdb.net, you can see how many people use each alg, so it's easy to see which is best. For U perms, it depends whether you like RU or MU.
RU:
R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 / R2 U' R' U' R U R U R U' R'
R' U R' U' R' U' R' U R U R2 / R2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R'
MU:
M2 U M U2 M' U M2 / M2 U M' U2 M U M2
M2 U' M U2 M' U M2 / M2 U' M' U2 M U' M2

Bindedsa

WCA
2014NURU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you look at algdb.net, you can see how many people use each alg, so it's easy to see which is best. For U perms, it depends whether you like RU or MU.

Does anyone know what going on with Algdb? I emailed Stachu about 4 months ago and he replied saying there would be an update with more sets in about 2 months. I understand him not being able to do update it, just wondering?

Baku

How to stay consistent?
(Sorry if it seems stupid)

Consistency usually occurs over time as you progress and get faster. Usually when you start averaging around 15 seconds (assuming 3x3), your consistency will improve.

Parity Case

@TeddyKGB & @Lazy Einstein

Thanks for those. I'm not sure how recent Sarah's is, but I'll give them a whirl and compare with the ones at algdb. I like that algdb's algs are dated. Cheers!

Baku

When totaling the move count in my solves (during reconstructions) what turn metric should I be using? STM, QTM, HTM, etc.

G2013

WCA
2013DIPI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I read that some time ago. That thing happened to me a lot of times at competitions and I wasn't penalized... I don't know what happened with that regulation

Last edited:

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
When totaling the move count in my solves (during reconstructions) what turn metric should I be using? STM, QTM, HTM, etc.

Most reconstructions use multiple turn metrics, including ETM (where rotations count). If you want to be fancy, use HTM, STM, ETM, and QTM. But as a general rule, HTM will work the best. ETM is really only used if you want to calculate TPS, STM is really only used if there are slice moves, so if you're a roux user, you should probably always use it. And QTM doesn't really have too many applications in speedsolving (that I know of), I think it's used more in cube theory.

Also, question for myself here, what are some solve breakdowns (splits) for the following 5x5 times:
3:00
2:40
2:20

And the following 7x7 times:
10:00
8:30
7:00

And the following Megaminx times:
3:00
2:30
2:00

I don't need all of them to be answered by the same person, but if you could just provide some, that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.