• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian724080

I am trying to learn EG-1 for 2x2, but I also want to be color neutral, and all the pages I've seen are color coded. When I was learning CLL, I found my algs on Erik Akkersdijk's printable page and it had arrows of the two corners that need to be switched. Does anyone have a printable page like that?

You don't learn CLL using the colors because that will mean that you have to memorize 36 color schemes for recognition. Instead, you learn it by recognizing the opposite and adjacent colors in corners

slinky773

WCA
2014LEEY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You don't learn CLL using the colors because that will mean that you have to memorize 36 color schemes for recognition. Instead, you learn it by recognizing the opposite and adjacent colors in corners

A useful guide would be Chris Olson's CLL recognition tutorial. I just linked to the Sune/Antisune set video he made, but he has videos for every set.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
yes if they aren't playing music.

What if they aren't noise cancelling? What if they aren't headphones? I have these pair of earphones that makes me get better times when I put then on and NOT play music. (yeah, placebo or not, I don't really care :p)

Would I be allowed to use them in comp?

YouTube
Visit Channel
Haha, wasted time

Someone has that as their signature except in binary

Question: How do you get faster if you are about at a sub 25 average?
You have a 20 sec official average, but still here you go: Clicky!

What if they aren't noise cancelling? What if they aren't headphones? I have these pair of earphones that makes me get better times when I put then on and NOT play music. (yeah, placebo or not, I don't really care :p)

Would I be allowed to use them in comp?

As long as it is nothing electronic, you can use it, sure!

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
Out of curiosity, why can't we play music on the headphones if we make sure that the other competitors can't hear sound leaking through them?

I like this rule because it adds professionalism to cubing as a sport. for example, you wouldn't see a tennis player or long distance runner listen to music while competing.

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are noise cancelling headphones allowed in competitions?

I know a few people have responded to this already, but here's the relevant regulations:

2i) While competing, competitors must not use electronics or audio equipment (e.g. cell phones, MP3 players, dictaphones, additional lighting).
2i1) Competitors may use certain non-electronic aids that do not give the competitor an unfair advantage, at the discretion of the WCA Delegate. This includes:
2i1a) Medical/physical aids worn by the competitor (etc. glasses, wrist brace, hearing aids).
2i1b) Earplugs and earmuffs (but not electronic noise-cancelling headphones).
So the noise cancelling is not allowed to be on. I know people who have worn headphones before, they normally keep the end of the lead on the table or something in order to prove that they are not plugged in to anything.

TomTom

so i was screwing around, and found a different T perm, and i was wondering if anyone uses it, and if it is easier/faster for you than the other one, the alg is F U' R' F R F' R U R2 F' R U R U' R' U (Held with headlights at back)

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
so i was screwing around, and found a different T perm, and i was wondering if anyone uses it, and if it is easier/faster for you than the other one, the alg is F U' R' F R F' R U R2 F' R U R U' R' U (Held with headlights at back)
Nice! It isn't on the wiki, so I don't think that anybody uses it, but there might be someone. It is a move more than the normal one and not as finger tricky, so it isn't as fast because the flow isn't there. Cool alg though!

Status
Not open for further replies.