• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
How do I get faster at 3x3? I use an along and full fridrich but average 35 seconds. Why???

Welp, this may not be the best answer but maybe you could try getting better at stuff like the cross or F2L lookahead if you haven't done so already. You could also try recognizing OLL/PLL patterns a little bit faster, again, if you haven't already done so. Look up a few tutorials for the cross & F2L (Don't really have any specifics in mind..) For the OLL/PLL, you could try drilling or use a software trainer. ^^

Now for my question. :p

Would it be a good idea to take new things I've learned (lookahead, color neutrality, etc.) and while doing solves, slow down to implement what I've learned instead of going fast as usual? Then gradually go a bit faster with the solves?

ChickenWrap

YouTube
Visit Channel
On a different note, what are some 5x5 yau5 splits for 2:20?

I just did an A05 with yau5 (note that it's not my main method). I got a 2:10 avg and my splits were about 12 for F2C, 26 for 3 cross edges, 30 for centers and last cross edge, 48 for edges (including 2 f2l slots in back), 7 for other f2l slots, and 8 for LL. So from that, I'm sure you can guess approximate splits for a 2:20 average. Good luck....

Hypocrism

WCA
2009ADLA01
Welp, this may not be the best answer but maybe you could try getting better at stuff like the cross or F2L lookahead if you haven't done so already. You could also try recognizing OLL/PLL patterns a little bit faster, again, if you haven't already done so. Look up a few tutorials for the cross & F2L (Don't really have any specifics in mind..) For the OLL/PLL, you could try drilling or use a software trainer. ^^

Now for my question. :p

Would it be a good idea to take new things I've learned (lookahead, color neutrality, etc.) and while doing solves, slow down to implement what I've learned instead of going fast as usual? Then gradually go a bit faster with the solves?

Slowing down is generally good. But always remember that the aim of slowing down is to get more proficient so that later on, you can go fast again. Don't get stuck always slow-turning when the aim is to turn fast while using your advanced techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.