• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sahid Velji

What pyraminx method is this?
orient centers while solving tips, solve edges 1 by 1 until last 2-3, do R' L R L' (with some rotations) until solved.
I can't seem to find it in the pyraminx method names list.
It seems very slow, where did you find, or hear about that method?

S

Sahid Velji

It's my own. I noticed it was kind of slow, ~10-40 sec depending on look ahead and the cases you get.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound rude but you should consider just learning LBL, it's much faster. That would be a very easy to learn beginner's method though.

Dillonzer

I just purchased a mf8 + dayan 4x4, and I just lubed my rubiks 4x4. So i'm wondering if the purchase was still worth it ? Because the rubiks cube just got amazing with the lube it took, but it still has it's pops. So I'm just wondering if the mf8+dayan cube is better than rubiks?

EDIT: My rubiks is popping more now since I can move it faster, so I'm assuming it is a good purchase still.

Last edited:
S

Sahid Velji

I just purchased a mf8 + dayan 4x4, and I just lubed my rubiks 4x4. So i'm wondering if the purchase was still worth it ? Because the rubiks cube just got amazing with the lube it took, but it still has it's pops. So I'm just wondering if the mf8+dayan cube is better than rubiks?

EDIT: My rubiks is popping more now since I can move it faster, so I'm assuming it is a good purchase still.
Anything is better than Rubik's brand in my opinion. That purchase was well worth it, unless you're not serious about 4x4x4.

S

Sahid Velji

What should a typical full CFOP movecount average? What should the maximum be?

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Average for CFOP is around 55, "maximum" is arbitrary. I mean it's totally possible that you could get bad cases throughout the solve and get a 65 or 70 move solve but there are an infinite amount of shorter solutions to that scramble by simply using a different cross/first pair/whatever.

For me a "maximum" movecount would be something like - 8 move cross, all 4 pairs being 11 or 12 moves like the "awkward" case, triple sexy or pieces stuck/flipped in slot cases, then a 13 move OLL like the Sune-Sexy awkward case -> 18 move F perm. That solve would be around 77 moves + multiple AUFs throughout.

Last edited:

Divineskulls

WCA
2011RECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What should a typical full CFOP movecount average? What should the maximum be?
I'd like to point out that two of Michal's solves from his World Championship average were above 65 moves. Reconstructions If you have any problems with your movecount or efficiency, I suggest looking at some of these and other reonstructions for some f2l tricks. I had the same problem when I averaged about 22 seconds. I ended up experimenting with Roux, which made me a lot more efficient; it caused me to drop to sub-20 averages. So that's also a way to go. :)

S

Sahid Velji

Thanks for the awesome replies! I will look at the reconstructions and I'm thinking of learning Roux already, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.