• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Steve AC

I am trying to upload a picture ... but it keeps saying the file size is too large... 1.28 MB is NOTHING.
Steve, 1.28 MB is a massive image, typical for a 5 megapixel camera jpeg, which would be roughly be 3 times larger than my computer screen. You only need something one-tenth that file-size for a screen-filling image, so the forum limit is quite generous.
If you resize your image to a sensible 800 pixels width, or thereabouts, the resulting file-size should automatically end up well within the specs.

Screenshot_20210227-102238_Gallery.jpg
I had to crop, screenshot, and crop again to finally be able to upload this. Is there another way I can reduce image sizes so I can upload them here?

Is there a video that shows pretty much how to edge control during F2L with many example situations and stuff?

SenorJuan

"Is there another way I can reduce image sizes so I can upload them here?"
The answer will depend on what equipment you're using: camera and PC? Smartphone?
On a PC, even clunky old Microsoft Paint can crop and resize images. But I recommend downloading a freeware program called "Irfanview" , which is a proper photo-editing package that will do a huge range of things, including useful techniques like merging multiple images into one.
I'm not sure what the best options for smartphone are.

Steve AC

"Is there another way I can reduce image sizes so I can upload them here?"
The answer will depend on what equipment you're using: camera and PC? Smartphone?
On a PC, even clunky old Microsoft Paint can crop and resize images. But I recommend downloading a freeware program called "Irfanview" , which is a proper photo-editing package that will do a huge range of things, including useful techniques like merging multiple images into one.
I'm not sure what the best options for smartphone are.
SGS10 smartphone camera :(

Codename_A

I can solve the cube in the regular way in about 50 seconds average and I am learning f2l. I can do it intuitively and my average is 70 seconds. My main issue with it is that finding the pieces. I can't understand how to do lookahead without learning all the algorithms.

Any help?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can solve the cube in the regular way in about 50 seconds average and I am learning f2l. I can do it intuitively and my average is 70 seconds. My main issue with it is that finding the pieces. I can't understand how to do lookahead without learning all the algorithms.

Any help?
You don’t need to lookahead yet at your current average. I would suggest just to continue practising. When looking fir pieces don’t frantically search, quickly scan methodically and move the cube around if needed (don’t rotate tho).
I think what would be best is if you start learning the alg set. There are 42 of them, but a lot are mirrors and extensions of each other, and are fairly simple so it’s not too bad.

Try working out each case for yourself first though.https://www.cubeskills.com/uploads/pdf/tutorials/f2l.pdf

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
I had the same problem along with a few people I have critiqued.
Basically:
Slow solves -- When you do this, notice how many unnecesary U or D moves you do, and try to not do it when not needed.
Practice -- With time, you will get used to it

lookahead is not important right now.

View attachment 14990
I had to crop, screenshot, and crop again to finally be able to upload this. Is there another way I can reduce image sizes so I can upload them here?
I have the same problem when I use SS on my phone

fadsarmy

Can someone please share some good algs for a flipped pair in the BL to BR slot? I'm using L U' L' U2 R' U R but was looking for something faster.

How to solve this F2L case rotationless keeping blue in front?

The best solution I could come up with is: L' U' L U' L' U L U' L U2 L'.

If you feel your alg for this case is better, please share.

If you're a beginner reading this, wondering how to solve this case facing orange front, here's the (best?) alg: (U' R U R') U2 (L' U' L)

Attachments

• 20210310_104719.jpg
    20210310_104719.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 3

xyzzy

If you're a beginner reading this, wondering how to solve this case facing orange front, here's the (best?) alg: (U' R U R') U2 (L' U' L)
I've seen this floating around:
(U') L U L2 U' L2 U L'

I use:
(U2) L U' L U' L2 U L2
but I don't really think it's better (just more intuitive).

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel

These are the shortest ones I could come up with:

U2 F U F' f' L f (use if it is 3rd pair)

This is a variation of y' U2 R U R' L' U L (use if you are lazy to learn how to do F and f moves)

another variation of this is y' U2 R U R' r' F r (use if you hate L moves)

fadsarmy

How would you solve this case for the back left? I normally do two back sledgehammers or rotate. Is there anything better?

Attachments

• BL.jpg
    BL.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0