• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
정말요? 부모님은 한국 사람들인데 저는 미국에서 11년 살아서 한국에 왔어요

"Really? my parents are Korean, but I lived in America for 11 years and then came to Korea."

네. 혹시 큐브매니아 아니면 큐브 facebook 그룹에 혹시 활동하세요??

"Yes, by chance are you on Cube Mania (Korean cubing community), if not, are you in the Korean Cube Facebook group by chance?"

큐브 매니아 카페 방금 가입 했어요 ㅋㅋ AmericanCuber입니다

"I just registered on Cube Mania. I'm AmericanCuber"

I should put this in the accomplishment thread, Translating this without the help of google :cool:

PurpleBanana

Quick query about learning lookahead. Many sources say that you should first familiarize yourself with the cases and be able to do them without looking. I can do this but I end up with very choppy solves where I have a flurry of moves and then a pause to find the next case. I'm worried that if I keep solving this way it will become ingrained and I will have a harder time switching to lookahead. Advice?

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Quick query about learning lookahead. Many sources say that you should first familiarize yourself with the cases and be able to do them without looking. I can do this but I end up with very choppy solves where I have a flurry of moves and then a pause to find the next case. I'm worried that if I keep solving this way it will become ingrained and I will have a harder time switching to lookahead. Advice?

First, I would just slow down. Don't worry about the time/speed of your solve when you are doing them without looking. It is good that you are getting the moves in your muscle memory. That is the goal.

In my opinion, Look ahead is not a step to learn. It should be something that you are always doing. Any video game you are looking ahead of whatever character you are controlling. Musicians will read a little in front of what they are playing. Always try to think or look ahead of what you are doing. It may only be one turn, but as you get better you will be able to see entire steps ahead. Keep it up! :tu

obelisk477

WCA
2009BATT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

What cube do you use?

M

Mr Beast

Can anyone link me to somewhere good where I can learn all the f2l cases. I know a good few of them from my own intuition, but there are a few awkward ones that take me ages and I'm going to have to learn algorithms for them.

CubeCow

My F2L is suffering. I have a 40 sec average F2L (not including cross). I use intuitive. Am I suffering in look ahead, or do I need faster turn speeds?

Estimax

At your time, I think you should just turn faster rather than look ahead. Look ahead is a (sort of) intermediate-advanced technique, and since you are averaging 40 seconds, just turning faster would help immensely.

(don't trust in my word alone, I average 14 seconds, so im not necessarily an expert)

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
My F2L is suffering. I have a 40 sec average F2L (not including cross). I use intuitive. Am I suffering in look ahead, or do I need faster turn speeds?
Neither. You should focus on becoming proficient at F2L before you focus on speed.

A good F2L solution will be around 30 moves on average. If you allow 2 sec to find each pair (no lookahead) and 2 tps to then solve each pair (slow), that's still only 23 sec.

At 40 sec, you are either using way too many moves, or pausing way too long to look for each pair. Slow solving and studying efficient solutions are the best ways to improve that.

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
Anyone got a good rotationless solution for the green-orange pair here (blue is front)?

If I don't rotate I tend to kick the pair out, and then insert with l U L' U' M but it's kinda...ugly...

jamessorsona

My tip is to find ways to insert pairs from the back and efficiently. How I look-ahead is when I am inserting a pair I look for the next one immediately. Multi-slotting F2L is useful if you're really lucky and experienced on F2L.