• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Joel Wraith

Improving F2L

Hey, I am currently using the beginners method for F2L, I can normally get in in under 40 seconds, I used 4LL and can normally get it in 10-15 seconds. I am thinking that I need to improve my F2L, I have learnt the Fridrich method for F2L but I am very slow with it, I have been using it for 2 weeks solid and I haven't gotten any quicker

Thanks in advance

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I am currently using the beginners method for F2L, I can normally get in in under 40 seconds, I used 4LL and can normally get it in 10-15 seconds. I am thinking that I need to improve my F2L, I have learnt the Fridrich method for F2L but I am very slow with it, I have been using it for 2 weeks solid and I haven't gotten any quicker

Thanks in advance
Hello! F2L really takes a lot of practice to get fast. Try watching sone exanple solve vieos to see how other people do it. You could also experiment with different ways of inserting a pair, you might learn some tricks. Even though you already know F2L, try watching as many tutorials as you can, because they will probably have different tips and ways of looking at F2L. To be honest, the best tip that anyone can give you is to practice. A LOT.

Cephot

F2L Help

Hi, I've recently learned F2L and am very slow at it. I started it about 1-2 weeks ago and my average is 42 seconds for just the F2L. I need some tips on how to improve my times of doing F2L as I am very slow at it. I'm thinking maybe I learned it wrong or I just need to keep practicing. Please help out if you have any tips. Thanks.

shahobtoshev

WCA
2013TOSH01
Just keep practicing, it is usual that your time first will be slower while you are learning f2l then it will get faster over time. Check YouTube for f2l videos, last time i checked there at least 20-25 good f2l tutorial, watch them , and keep practicing, good luck !

SgtDrPeppers

When to learn F2L and such?

I apologise if this has been posted before, but I can't really think of a suitable search term.

I've been cubing for about 2 weeks using beginner method, and I was wondering what sort of a times beginner method could actually get me to? Right now I think I'd average around 1:30:00. Basically, I want to know when is best to learn the Fridrich method.

Thanks,
SgtDrPeppers