• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Suggestion

InfiniteZero

I think you should make a one-handed subforum. That's the only type of subforum you guys don't have yet. Just my two Cents

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think there is enough difference between one-handed and regular 3x3x3 to make a new subforum. I basically use the same algorithms for example, except for some long ones (less moves is more important on one-handed) and I don't use any moves that require slice moves

Examples:
F2L: (R U R' U')*3 becomes R2 U R2 U R2 U2 R2 or R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R2
PLL: r2R2 U' r2R2 U2 r2R2 U' r2R2 becomes R2 U2 R U2 R2 U2 R2 U2 R U2 R2

All algs have been written from the top of my mind (no cube here), so they may contain errors.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
We can make a one-handed subforum, but do you think there is enough activity here to keep it active? What would you talk about differently than in regular speedcubing? I am willing to create it if we can get enough activity to it, and we would need to decide which information would be there.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Okay. Well, how about this. Talk to all your friends or other members on this forum who would be interested, and have them reply here if they are interested. If we can get at least 7 people to reply, I will create a one-handed subforum to just try it out and see how it works.

Pat

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I know what you're saying Arnaud. I could go both ways. One-handed is a global event in my mind. You can pretty much 1 hand anything, and that is 1 reason I could see it as a subforum. Come to think of it, I don't think there are any forums yet online that specicialize in one handed, maybe we can make a community here. All current one handed posts would stay in place, but all ones from now (or when I make the forum, if I make the forum) on I would keep in the correct spots and move as needed. I want to make sure there is enough interest before I go about this though.

Pat

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OH really doesn't apply to all puzzles. It only applies to 3x3x3, just like "with feet". Almost all puzzles COULD be done one-handed (Clock would be slooow) but nobody seems to do it. I once did a 4x4x4 and 5x5x5 OH on the plane back from the UK Open and I will NEVER do that again!

Don't get me wrong, I like one-handed very much and practice it almost daily when I stand still due to traffic jams. I just don't think the best place for it would be a seperate sub-forum.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Arnaud, I have seen people do 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, magic, master magic, BLD 3x3, etc. with 1 hand. It is worth a shot, isn't it? I will create the forum if we get enough interest. I will go with what the majority of the members want, and take into account the scenario.

Pat