• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Puzzle Mods

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I did see that thread awhile back.

We've considered it. I'd definitely like to eventually expand Speedsolving.com into engineering/designing/building/modding puzzles. The hardware section here does cover a lot of cube-hardware related questions, but not really building and casting plastics, etc. TP does have a very nice section for building/modding puzzles. I would only create a section for this under two circumstances:
1) if Speedsolving.com could offer something that TP doesn't already have.
2) if the interest was high enough. Puzzle designing/building takes a lot of work and practice. As of right now, my guess would be the interest isn't high enough (mainly because all the hardcore builders stick around TP for that very reason). However, I do think that if we had a large enough group of builders here, that we could attract a lot of interest with some guides, etc. A lot more people would be interested in designing and modding puzzles if there was more information on it.

So, for the time being, no, there will not be a forum for puzzle modding, but it may be a future project as Speedsolving.com grows. I believe that the hardware forum works fine now for any type of basic modding that we have. If I see a rise in puzzle building threads there, that would indicate a higher level of interest in that category, and we would reconsider a new section for that.