Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Methods

Premium Member
    WCA Profile
    2010CARN01
    YouTube
    ZaneChannel

Quote Originally Posted by Krible View Post
    So I need to prepare a letter pair list first?
    Not necessarily, the beauty of audio-loop memo is it often doesn't need to be coherent. Incoherent sounds don't require a pre-memorised list since they're easy to make on the spot.
    Methods for forming monosyllable sounds:
    *If the letter-pair consists of 2 consonants, place a vowel in-between as a filler. (Example: TN = tin)
    *If the letter-pair consists of at least 1 vowel, say the letter pair how it would sound as if it was a word. (Example: BU = Boo, AE = "Eh")
    *Have a pre-memorised list of audio pairs, similar to a letter-pair image list.
    If you are planning on using proper words to perhaps form sentences, a list could be of benefit. (Like Chris has done)

And another question: Let's say I have remembered something like Foe RoD Gee LeR. When executing, how do I know which letters are bold?
    Once you're familiar with the system for attaining sounds, it'll be very obvious which letters are the actual targets. If you have 2 letters that are both vowels, you might need to make a mental note of what letters are involved (and/or the order the letters appear in).

F and O are the targets in "Foe", because when you say "Foe" you only hear the 'F' and the 'O'.
    R and D are the targets in "Rod", because they are the consonants at the front and back.
    G and E are the targets in "Gee", because they are the only letters you can hear.
    L and R are the targets in "Ler", because they are the consonants at the front and back.

This probably is confusing, but after you've put this system to practice it'll come clear.
    Last edited by Zane_C; 01-18-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks Zane!

Do you have any tips on how I should make a letter scheme for corners? Should I just make it in alphabetic order like ULB = "A", URB = "B" ect?

Thanks Zane!

Do you have any tips on how I should make a letter scheme for corners? Should I just make it in alphabetic order like ULB = "A", URB = "B" ect?
    If you already have a letter scheme for edges, look at Speffz and see how it relates corner letters to edge letters. If you don't have one, you can learn Speffz :P
    If anyone wants to add me on Guild Wars 2 send me a PM :tu

WCA Profile
    2008HACK01

I had an idea a couple of weeks ago:
    If you use loci method and have only a few paths "prepared" why not reusing useless information you already know.

So I started to scatter loci-"check points" on Counterstrike maps.
    Works perfectly fine for me and will work with every arbitrary game maps/levels you played a lot.

Makes you instantly dozens of paths available.

Just a hint, you may simply ignore my post.

WCA Profile
    2007VUNI01

How do you all distinguish between C and K in audio?

Premium Member
    WCA Profile
    2010CARN01
    YouTube
    ZaneChannel

Quote Originally Posted by nickvu2 View Post
    How do you all distinguish between C and K in audio?
    If this is a big problem, you can remove K and replace it with a different letter that isn't already included in your lettering scheme. By doing this you will eliminate similar sounding letters.

It's rare for me to encounter this issue, usually I 'just know' whether it's C or K. Even though audio isn't directly related to visual memo, it's still very possible to visually recall tiny bits of information (after all, you did look at the cycles in the place). You may find that you are able to visually remember just enough to distinguish the difference between C and K.

Member KYLE ALLAIRE DROPS BOMBS!'s Avatar
    WCA Profile
    2004ALLA01

Thanks Zane!

If you use UBL as your buffer, then you can try my basic scheme. ABCD on the U face, and EFGH on the L face, and follow the scheme around the cube...F-> R-> B->D.
    This way your buffer will have A/E/R on it, meaning you can use those letters as much as you want in sentences and never worry about which letters to focus on since they never need to be solved.
    For example : Corner memo : ONCPLC // Once Place. Ignore a's and e's when executing every time. Zane and aron are much more educated on the subject, but that's how I do it!

WCA Profile
    2011EVGE01

How to memorize the corners, if the edges I memorize audio ?

WCA Profile
    2011MERT03
    YouTube
    Ickathu

Try using letter pair images with a lettering scheme such as Speffz.
    Choose your method.
    "If you get on a see-saw, be prepared to go up and down." ~Alex Mertz

WCA Profile
    2011EVGE01

Any variants ?