• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What are the rules??

hooboork

Hi all,
I´m a new member of this forum and I probably don´t understand enough yours rules. Let me explain...
I had a question and I posted it in off-topic forum (something like this, don´t remember exactly the first version): "Hi all, do you know something about Matyas, is he still interested in speedcubing, is he still so famous, what are current PBs for him? I didn´t hear about him a looong time."
Why must have been my question deleted directly by moderators within minutes? What is wrong at my question?
Please let me know, becuase I don´t want to break the rules, really.

Last edited:

hooboork

Well, I think I see the problem now. I only wanted to know, if he is still interested in SPEEDCUBING (not ... cubing), if he still practices, or if he gave it up. I meaningly didn´t write entire name, because I wanted to protect him. Anyway, thank you for response.

So, my apology. I will observe this rule.
Anyway, I still wonder, if he is still interested in speedcubing ;-)
Ok, mods can delete this thread...

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel

you can close your own thread
You might want to read this thread first....
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6199

EDIT: How do you CLOSE your own thread? :confused:

Well, I think I see the problem now. I only wanted to know, if he is still interested in SPEEDCUBING (not ... cubing), if he still practices, or if he gave it up. I meaningly didn´t write entire name, because I wanted to protect him. Anyway, thank you for response.
Try not to double post. Please delete your post, and edit them together.

Last edited:

PCwizCube

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Last edited:

hooboork

He was the world record holder for blindfolded until it was found out that he cheated. Then he was suspended from the WCA for 3 years.

This is exactly what I didn´t want to hear! Most of us know his bld history and I didn´t want to talk about that! Don´t you think that Matyas (or his family and friends) is ashamed of his act now? What is more, I think that this situation is really discomfort for him. Apart from the fact that he isn´t of age (major) on so on and so on.
I just wanted to know if someone (for example other Hungarians) knows about him little more - in light of SPEEDCUBING (not bld cubing)... For example: is his avg of 10 for 4x4x4 cube under 50s, is his avg of 10 for 5x5x5 cube under 1:30, if he broke a barrier of 0.75 for magic etc.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Mátyás (if you are to lazy to write his name correct, at least copy/paste it from here next time) has never admitted he cheated. Most of his friends and family believe (or at least support) him in this. However most Hungarian cubers believe he cheated and make jokes about it and are no longer in contact with him. He himself stays out of forums and only talks to people like Ron directly.

As far as I understood he is still very much interested in speedcubing so it would only make sense if he has improved a lot but I have no concrete information about his current results.

I think it is amazing that after all this time AND after losing all his blindfolded WR's he still has 5 WR's. That's just one less then Erik and he just got 3 of those back last weekend. Nobody else but them have > 2 WR's at this moment

hawkmp4

I'm curious as to why this topic isn't closed already...
But, I respect Mátyás as a sighted solver. I don't respect him for BLD for obvious reasons, and I respect Ron's (and everyone else's involved in the decision) judgment in determining what happened in his BLD solves. I also don't respect him for the issues with the prize money involved.