• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What do you do if your shoes are too loose?

darkzelkova

Okay. Here is the situation. I got some new shoes, they are the proper size and everything, BUT, they are too loose. No matter what I do, my heel will ALWAYS slip. I could of course tighten the laces, but they are skate shoes so that would look like crap and entirely destroy the point of having them. I've tried tape (my sock still goes up and down and will give me blisters), I've tried heel inserts (does nothing), I've tried extra socks, taping the tongue down, putting foam EVERYWHERE in the shoe, everything. Does anyone have any advise? Some way to tighten the shoe without making it look like it's tightened?

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
That is why you try on shoes... don't just assume that because the listed size is typically what you wear, that they will fit correctly. How old are you? If your feet are still growing, stick the shoes in the closet and pull them out in 6 months and try again.

Musselman

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok bud ... after time this slip of yours will go away. all i do is wear skate shoes and this happens at the start, but after time it will stop. i know this may seem like it doesn't make cents, but just trust me...

Jai

WCA
2007GAMB01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay. I could of course tighten the laces, but they are skate shoes so that would look like crap and entirely destroy the point of having them.

You already have your answer (tie your laces), it's just that you're choosing fashion over function. If you want to look "cool", and don't want to tie your laces, then like other people have said, get a smaller shoe.

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
Another thing you may want to do is look for the proper size. It may cost more if it's an oddball size. For example, my actual shoe size is 9EEE. But when I'm restricted on sizes (like at the bowling alley), I get 10 1/2 wide. Net result, the shoes are longer than necessary. Perhaps you have really skinny feet, and when you get the proper length in the commone sizes, they're too wide.

Of course, I'm betting skater shoes don't really have all the various sizes, so yeah, just tie your laces.

Seriously, what's with people asking the most pointless questions? "I need to choose two names", "I need to make my shoes tight". It still doesn't beat that person at Twistypuzzles that asked, "How do I mail something?" He didn't want to know how to package puzzles, or what, he seriously didn't know if he should just slap on a bunch of stamps and stick it in the mailbox or what.

darkzelkova

Yeah. Obviously fashion > function. I'll just hope it goes away in time :p Until then I'll just tape my feet and tape them too the shoe, that way I shouldn't get blisters. Thanks for the help :p

CharlieCooper

Premium Member
WCA
2007COOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
although it's daft that you should choose fashion over function... i do recall going on a school trip when i was about 15 and wanting to wear some horrible green shoes (i thought they were super cool at the time). problem was that they were FAR too big, so instead of wearing something comfortable, i decided to wear 5 pairs of socks to pad out the shoe. argh. we learn from our mistakes.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say that not all of us from Calgary think that we need to wear our skate shoes super loose to look "cool".
I tie the laces on my skate shoes super tight, and I am also super cool.

Last edited:
E

Ethan Rosen

I got some new shoes, they are the proper size and everything, BUT, they are too loose. No matter what I do, my heel will ALWAYS slip.

As others have said earlier in this thread, your shoes are in fact, not the right size.

darkzelkova

Yes, they ARE the right size. Half an inch from the toe is the end.

If I didn't think fashion > function, I'd go around in sweats and an ugly t-shirt all day. I wouldn't feel like showering. I'd wear crocs (god forbid).

Another reason I can't tie it super tight is that it would ruin the shape - and I wouldn't like to ruin it.

Well I taped my socks to the shoe, and by the end of the day it was worn in enough so that I didn't need to anymore! And now my heels don't slip! Thanks :p