• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Some broken links, and a suggestion

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
Just thought I would post a couple broken links that I have stumbled upon recently.

Both of the links here need the /forum subdirectory added.
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1685

Same thing here:
http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3

Has anyone read through the "Introduction to Speedcubing for beginners" post in the beginners forum lately? There is a lot of good information there, but there are some broken links from pages that don't exist anymore and there are also a few resources that would be very nice to add.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Fixed both threads, thanks for reporting those.

I will fix the 'Intro for beginners' soon.

There will be a Wiki on here soon which will be developed and will contain a lot more resources, and will be linked to instead of having a guide in the thread.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
On a different topic: Just now I've been going into forums that I have checked then used the "mark this forum as read" button. I then go back into it and it is still showing the threads as not read.
Also, specifically with the thread I just made about California, I posted a reply, and I could see that kind Miss Shelley had replied again, but when I clicked on the link it showed the thread from before when I posted just a few minutes ago! I attempted this about 4 times, and it kept on looping back or something. It worked after quite a few attempts.
I have a feeling this is a problem with the new version of Opera (which, at this stage, I don't like as much as the old one). But just to let you know, it may be something to do with this site.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Gah, what a mission. I finally got an older version of Opera to work (it took me ages to finally get it to work, I had to tell it to install in a separate location and everything). It appears to be working fine now. And boy it's good to be back on the old version of Opera, the new one is crap!