Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The TRUTH about Jig-A-Loo

I'm tired of people dissing jigaloo and not reading the countless lubing threads in this forum

1a. Yes, it melts plastic BUT ONLY IN LARGE QUANTITIES
    b. If you spray directly into the cube, you get pools/drops (aka significant quantities of lube [see 1a for what happens when too much jigaloo contacts plastic)

2. This could all be avoided if people actually disassembled their cubes and did the full, even coat of lube when spraying from a distance. This is one case where the "quick fix" is the quickest way to kill your cube.

3. About the "softening": Leave the coated pieces to sit for about 5min after spraying.

4. If you keep insisting on waging a holy war against jigaloo, I'll make a video showing my lubed Type A and it's non-glued state.
    3x3 best lucky: 9.37
    3x3 best average (of 12): 16.27

WCA Profile
    2008MANA02
    YouTube
    cubes4lyfe

jig-a-loo works so perfectly if you do apply it right. I did and my cubes work so perfectly even when the screws are at the tightest possible.
    Roux. Sometimes potatoes appear under my bed.

WCA Profile
    2008COOK01

@lotsofsloths

Haaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaha!!! Lol, that video was so funny!!!!!

"Did it come off? No, it's still glued, look at that! Look at that! Oh my god, look at that fu****g white blue piece, it's still glued to the other one!"

LMAO!!!!!!
    My Blindcubing Records
    3x3: 52.15 | 4x4: 6:47.97 | 5x5: 16:33 | Multiple Blindfolded: 14/14 (1:38:02)

Well, I've been using Jig-A-Loo for my entire cubing 'career' (No normal silicone sprays in canada, as far as I know.) I -always- fully dissasemble my cube before lubing it, I wouldn't just spray it in a corner.

This is why: For the first 4-5 minutes after spraying, jigaloo makes the cubies soft. Like, so soft you can dig pieces of plastic out with your fingernail, or leave fingerprints in it. After it's dried, everything becomes hard again, so it's not a lasting thing. I'd imagine spraying it directly in wouldn't be good for the cube. =P.

I'm actually going to drive down to the states soon to pick up a few cans of CRC, because I really don't trust this stuff not to just ruin my cubes one day. It also really doesn't last very long at all : (.

YouTube
    boxxybabee

I use jigaloo, works amazing.

The melt barely damages any of my cubes, and ive sprayed all my cubes with it.
    I even used it on my v cubes, to amazing effect.

Jigaloo is the best lube ive ever used.
    woof woof ლ(;__;ლ)

WCA Profile
    2007LISI02
    YouTube
    hdskull

I went to buy some at Wal-Mart today, and guess what. They checked my ID, apparently you have to be over 18 to purchase one.

CRC was SOOO cheap at the Wal-Mart I bought it from today, it was twice the normal size and half the price at $2.

I love Quebec, they don't card you for ANYTHING unless you're obviously under 12. Including bars.

Well, I exaggerate. But still, we don't get carded for stuff like lubricant or lighters\fluid o_O.

WCA Profile
    2008SHEF01
    YouTube
    HadleyDGRC

I didn't get carded when I got Jigg-A-Loo

PS. Is anyone is going to nationals, and wants a nearly full can of Jig-A-Loo, PM me. I used it like, twice. Don't like it. You can have it free.
    <Hadley> just telling myself odds are someone was shot
    <aronpm> sweet!

WCA Profile
    2008HUYN01
    YouTube
    pcharles93

Quote Originally Posted by Hadley4000 View Post
    I didn't get carded when I got Jigg-A-Loo

PS. Is anyone is going to nationals, and wants a nearly full can of Jig-A-Loo, PM me. I used it like, twice. Don't like it. You can have it free.
    This isn't exactly the best thread to advertise Jig-a-loo in.
    PB's: 3x3 9.76/16.12, 5x5 2:24/2:51, 4x4 1:03/1:16, OH 29.02/38.57

WCA Profile
    2007GAMB01
    YouTube
    Hypercube45

Quote Originally Posted by Zigosity View Post
    I really don't trust this stuff not to just ruin my cubes one day. It also really doesn't last very long at all : (.
    ...You realize that most Canadian cubers use Jig-a-loo, right? So do I, and I'm completely satisfied. (Jason Thong uses Motomaster, and Craig as well, but he got a can from a competition after Jason accidentally left it behind )