• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lawrence, Kansas competition

If you live with in 5 hours of Kansas City would you come to a competition (if able)

• yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • no

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys I was just wanting to bring attention to a competition happening in Lawrence KS. Any one who lives in Kansas or Missouri will know that cube competitions happen every where... Except these two states (okay not true but you catch my drift) this is a shame because we are right smack dab in the center of the country! So if you live with in a few hours of Lawrence you should come! Right now there are only 3 people signed up (I hope to sign up soon) plus it's a $5 competition (plus $2 a event) here is the link to the Cubing usa page http://www.cubingusa.com/lawrenceopen2014/index.php

It's coming up soon so mark your calenders (this is not a competition I organized but I am a KC native so this is exciting) :)

D

Deleted member 19792

So sorry I have to say this but, I can't go because I live in Texas and I have Drill Team that day, but you should hold a round of clock. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
6 hours away, I'll see if I can go. Hopefully my parents say I can, I really need another comp with 3BLD, 2x2, and 3x3. Skewb, pyraminx and square-1 will be good to have too.
edit: okay nevermind I hadn't known about Cubetcha until after I saw this

Last edited:

shadowkiller168

Premium Member
WCA
2014PASC03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I'm the organizer of the competition. Sorry it had to be on this day, but it was either this, or in March. I figured I could do it on this date, and then do another one in April, instead of just one in March. Sorry about all of that. We have 9 competitors now. If you can't come, I understand, I didn't expect a huge turnout anyway.

Edit: I guess I should mention that an alternative date was November 8th, but there was a nearby competition in Norman, Oklahoma, and I didn't want to possibly take away any competitors that would go there, or vice versa.

Last edited:

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know that, but Chris Olson said that he was hosting a competition on that very same day, so I assumed I wouldn't have any support from Minnesota.

still you can probably get that...

My birthday is in November (the 27th which is thanksgiving... Get hype!) so I was like "Yes I get to go to my first comp! *go's posts this thread* "Crap it's nationals..." just saying though if you do it again that would be the best thing ever (it's like 45 minutes away from my house). Make sure it lands on a Saturday though as Sundays are a no go for me. You would get your seven bucks as often as I could give it to you (I may eventually do more than 1 event but for now just 3x3)

But It looks like you have got a positive feed back but the date was bad. 5 (including me) said they would go if it was another date and one other person might go. (also do spectators have to pay to get in? Because I can't drive myself there) over all do it again! One more thing is you were a bit late posting it. It popped up at most 3 days ago giving people not even a month to see it.

EDIT: Also when might you do it again?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A few minutes after I posted this I realized I had cross country nationals that day... WHY!?!
Cross country NATIONALS? Are you like a super runner or something?

I talked to my parents and I will definitely be there, but I don't know for how long because it conflicts with marching band for me. I am excited to meet everybody and have my first comp. though!

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to mention its home school christian nationals... It's not actually a big meet. I had my first or second biggest meet today (did okay... 6:50 mile in the 7th grade division) honestly if it wasn't the only "travel" meet (we stay over night in spring field MO where it is) I might skip...

Last edited:

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to mention its home school christian nationals... It's not actually a big meet. I had my first or second biggest meet today (did okay... 6:50 mile in the 7th grade division) honestly if it wasn't the only "travel" meet (we stay over night in spring field MO where it is) I might skip...
Oh, I was about to say. I did cross country in middle school, I think that my best mile was like 6:36 but that wasn't in a comp. Where in KC do you live?