• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Maru CX3 DIY Troubles

Lacr1m0sa

Hello all,

So, I just bought a Maru CX3 DIY from TheCubicle. It arrived this morning, and after assembling it, I have a few thoughts.

First off, the corners and edges are really hard to put together. I think I may not be doing it correctly, as when I think I am finished, there is still a gap between the three pieces of the corner or two of the edge.

Also, once I was done assembling each piece and I had assembled the actual cube, it was downright horrible. All sorts of excess plastic catching sounds, absolutely no corner cutting and the puzzle is really slow, even on loose tensions.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't find a tutorial on how to properly assemble this. This is also technically my first DIY cube, since I don't count the Gans III DIY that was just assembling the cube.

I was expecting so much more out of this cube. I know I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

-Nick

TomTom

i would suggest watching a video on how to do it, if they did it the same way as you did, message the cubicle asking about it, they may replace it for you if you send it back

Lacr1m0sa

So it's not an error by me? And I said that there are no videos or tutorials; searching "assembling the diy maru cx3" on youtube and google just gets me unboxings and reviews.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
The corner stalks on the CX3 are very thin and I also experienced lots of catching as they flexed internally. I solved it by gluing them together. Push a little glue between the stalk parts and tie string around to hold them together until dried.

I also had to file off quite a bit of flash.

Despite all the effort it was never better than mediocre and I never did more than about 100 solves on it. Maybe with more breaking in it would improve.

Lacr1m0sa

Alright, so it's not just me that's having the problem. I'll wait until Cubicle responds and then do that. Thanks for the opinion

Lacr1m0sa

I haven't put any effort into it; Cubicle offered to send me an assembled version. If I don't like that, then what's done is done.

ccownerful

watch many of the different unboxings, like crazybadcubers. In the video, I believe that he puts the pieces together. hope this helps!