• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Who will beat 5.55?

Who will beat 5.55?

• Total voters

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
After Mats, results 2-6 for best 3x3 single are all Feliks. Feliks also has 8 average results that are sub anyone else in the world. He's clearly the favorite.

Part of me is rooting for "other," but I really think Feliks deserves it.

If someone besides Feliks was to beat it, I think I would want it to either be Phillip Weyer (because he's faster than Sebastian at 3x3 and could use some recognition, plus he has the AO5 UWR) or Alex Lau (arguably the fastest 3x3 solver in the world, and never had any results that match what he's capable of. Plus, non CFOP). But I can tell that Feliks is more likely to beat it than either of them.

MirzaCubing

WCA
2011MIRZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Personally, I would really like to see Gabriel Dechichi or Cornellius get the WR, as they both definitely have the capability, but don't do as well as they could in comp; although, Cornellius has been getting some great averages recently.

Bill, the Weyers, and Alex are also great contenders :) I think Feliks will take it back soon, but by the end of next year we will have a completely new WR holder.

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
If Feliks takes over 5x5-7x7, I'll feel less bad about him losing the 3x3 record. There's been a lot of turnover in the people at the top of 7x7, and I think if Feliks has a couple more comps, he'll secure the single and average easily. 6x6 will be tougher, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone that watches Feliks in comp as regularly as we Australians do, would know he is the favourite by a long way. Feliks getting 3x3 single back is almost an inevitability, barring something crazy happening.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it sorta makes sense that fast cubers like Bill Wang, Feliks or Alex Lau are the most likely to beat it because of their colour neutrality for the first step of the (decent) method. They have a greater chance of receiving a scramble with an easy start and taking advantage of it.

PJKCuber

WCA
2014KULK02
Christian Kaserer. He'll get a scramble that can be solved in 4 moves. Then his record will be unbeatable.
He doesn't cube anymore.
My thoughts
Feliks/Mats have great look ahead and insane tps
Lucas has decent lookahead but only solves white cross
Alex Lau is really consistent but sub WR is possible

Last edited:

ZamHalen

In your kitchen.Where do you keep your toaster?
WCA
2014ZAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I actually think someone way out of left field is likely to do it. Not Telesforo bad but someone out of the top 50 or so. There are a decent amount of cubers who have already sub 6ed and small few who have sub 5ed at home and I think it's very possible for one of them to get a lucky scramble or really good solution to break the record.

rowehessler

I would love to see Mats beat it again, he's overdue for a crazy record. It is most probably gonna be Feliks, but I would love to see Lucas take it back to the US for the first time since 2006.

Chirag T

I think Feliks and Lucas both have chance to break the WR. Let's wait for 2015 San Paulo competition.. :D