• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

How many current AND past WR holders can you name? (A Sporcle quiz)

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do people think it would be better and still fair if I added nicknames as alternate answers? Also should I perhaps allow some shortened names and allow some first name only to be alternate answers?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I doubt you'd say that to Mats Valk or Feliks Zemdegs if you met them.

Given that Mats and Feliks are famous, in particular hold the current 3x3 WRs, and together account "only" for 16/299, it's quite possible that he got both of them and just called other people's WR information useless and thus wouldn't have a problem saying this to Mats or Feliks.

Last edited:

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
Do people think it would be better and still fair if I added nicknames as alternate answers? Also should I perhaps allow some shortened names and allow some first name only to be alternate answers?

Jep, i like that idea, cause many speelings are really difficult for me... For example i knew Erik Akkersdijk but didnt know ho to spell his last name...

Cale S

WCA
2014SCHO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got 109, probably shouldn't have given up as soon as I did

I had no idea how to spell Przemysław, didn't know the full name of Gabriel Pereira Campanha or Gabriel Alejandro Orozco Casillas, and somehow forgot Tomoaki Okayama's first name.

I was only able to spell Grzegorz Jałocha and Abhishek Sathyanarayanan right because of these videos

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What would be cool is the same survey but you guess the time instead of the name. You would select a name and guess, rather than write a number and have it assigned to any name with that result.